This Week in Entertainment

Britney ready to Vogue?

Numerous blogs and paparazzi Web sites are abuzz with evidence of a collaboration between comeback queen Britney Spears and famed photographer Patrick Demarchelier. According to reports, the Vogue favorite shot Brit Brit in Los Angeles Tuesday. But while rumors have been running rampant that the shoot is for an upcoming issue of Vogue, eonline.com reports that the pics will grace the pages of a different fashion magazine before year’s end. 

Wait, Ellen wears makeup? 

Move over Britney – there’s another controversial cover girl in town. Ellen Degeneres, fresh from her August nuptials to Australian actress Portia de Rossi, is the new spokeswoman for Cover Girl cosmetics. No word yet if the talk show host’s dance moves will be featured in the brand’s new television commercials. 

Hathaway’s criminal love

From A-lister to tabloid scandal subject, Anne Hathaway had a turbulent summer. Now the actress is addressing her breakup from Raffaello Follieri, the Italian businessman who plead guilty to wire fraud and money laundering in a New York courtroom Wednesday. Hathaway told W magazine that she discovered the allegations just days before she was expected to promote Get Smart, her summer hit with Steve Carrel. “It’s a situation where the rug was pulled out from under me all of a sudden,” she says. “But just as suddenly, my friends threw another rug back under me.”

Sarah Palin isn’t f**king Matt Damon

Don’t count on seeing Matt Damon at a McCain/Palin rally anytime soon. The actor is taking some heat for a recent interview in which he calls the Republican VP nominee “terrifying.” “I think the pick was made for political purposes,” he says, “but in terms of governance, it’s a disaster.” Damon said he is concerned that a “hockey mom” with minimal political experience could be a heartbeat away from the presidency.

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

The No. 21 University of Miami and FIU have met twice in football. But, oh, what a history they have ...

When University of Miami star safety Jaquan Johnson, thought by many to be the best player on the te ...

University of Miami backup tailback DeeJay Dallas, who had his first career 100-yard rushing game Sa ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Listeners to UM President Julio Frenk’s State of the U reacted positively to the message and the Uni ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Tropical storm scientists and climate experts at the University of Miami provided insight, observati ...

Joseph Ganitsky, a professor in the Miami Business School, examines the financial crisis facing Arge ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...

The University of Miami women's golf team concluded Sunday with a sixth-place finish at the 35t ...

The University of Miami golf team is in sixth after the first two rounds of play at the 35th annual ...