This Week in Entertainment

Britney ready to Vogue?

Numerous blogs and paparazzi Web sites are abuzz with evidence of a collaboration between comeback queen Britney Spears and famed photographer Patrick Demarchelier. According to reports, the Vogue favorite shot Brit Brit in Los Angeles Tuesday. But while rumors have been running rampant that the shoot is for an upcoming issue of Vogue, eonline.com reports that the pics will grace the pages of a different fashion magazine before year’s end. 

Wait, Ellen wears makeup? 

Move over Britney – there’s another controversial cover girl in town. Ellen Degeneres, fresh from her August nuptials to Australian actress Portia de Rossi, is the new spokeswoman for Cover Girl cosmetics. No word yet if the talk show host’s dance moves will be featured in the brand’s new television commercials. 

Hathaway’s criminal love

From A-lister to tabloid scandal subject, Anne Hathaway had a turbulent summer. Now the actress is addressing her breakup from Raffaello Follieri, the Italian businessman who plead guilty to wire fraud and money laundering in a New York courtroom Wednesday. Hathaway told W magazine that she discovered the allegations just days before she was expected to promote Get Smart, her summer hit with Steve Carrel. “It’s a situation where the rug was pulled out from under me all of a sudden,” she says. “But just as suddenly, my friends threw another rug back under me.”

Sarah Palin isn’t f**king Matt Damon

Don’t count on seeing Matt Damon at a McCain/Palin rally anytime soon. The actor is taking some heat for a recent interview in which he calls the Republican VP nominee “terrifying.” “I think the pick was made for political purposes,” he says, “but in terms of governance, it’s a disaster.” Damon said he is concerned that a “hockey mom” with minimal political experience could be a heartbeat away from the presidency.

Boston College star Ky Bowman came down with a 102-degree fever on Saturday night. Jordan Chatman an ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Sunday: ▪ New UM defensive coordinator Blake Baker has asked UM ...

Emese Hof and No. 20 Miami think they can play with anyone, and it shows. Hof scored 18 of her 25 po ...

New University of Miami baseball head coach Gino DiMare wanted to start strong. He got perfection. T ...

Former University of Miami star running back Mark Walton was arrested late Friday on a charge of mis ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The Hurricanes dropped a tight contest with the Eagles in Chestnut Hill, 64-57. ...

The sophomore first baseman slugged his second homer of the weekend to lead the Canes to a series wi ...

Junior Renate Grimstad led the way for Miami and is tied for 18th at one-over-par, while sophomore K ...