This Week in Entertainment

Britney ready to Vogue?

Numerous blogs and paparazzi Web sites are abuzz with evidence of a collaboration between comeback queen Britney Spears and famed photographer Patrick Demarchelier. According to reports, the Vogue favorite shot Brit Brit in Los Angeles Tuesday. But while rumors have been running rampant that the shoot is for an upcoming issue of Vogue, eonline.com reports that the pics will grace the pages of a different fashion magazine before year’s end. 

Wait, Ellen wears makeup? 

Move over Britney – there’s another controversial cover girl in town. Ellen Degeneres, fresh from her August nuptials to Australian actress Portia de Rossi, is the new spokeswoman for Cover Girl cosmetics. No word yet if the talk show host’s dance moves will be featured in the brand’s new television commercials. 

Hathaway’s criminal love

From A-lister to tabloid scandal subject, Anne Hathaway had a turbulent summer. Now the actress is addressing her breakup from Raffaello Follieri, the Italian businessman who plead guilty to wire fraud and money laundering in a New York courtroom Wednesday. Hathaway told W magazine that she discovered the allegations just days before she was expected to promote Get Smart, her summer hit with Steve Carrel. “It’s a situation where the rug was pulled out from under me all of a sudden,” she says. “But just as suddenly, my friends threw another rug back under me.”

Sarah Palin isn’t f**king Matt Damon

Don’t count on seeing Matt Damon at a McCain/Palin rally anytime soon. The actor is taking some heat for a recent interview in which he calls the Republican VP nominee “terrifying.” “I think the pick was made for political purposes,” he says, “but in terms of governance, it’s a disaster.” Damon said he is concerned that a “hockey mom” with minimal political experience could be a heartbeat away from the presidency.

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Friday: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt hasn’t yet given any indication to the ...

There are few players across Florida whose recruitment has been harder to parse than Derick Hunter’s ...

While University of Miami fans are not exactly thrilled about their Hurricanes going against the Wis ...

There was a time John Dixon looked like he would have his choice of just about any college he wanted ...

Part 2 of a 3-part series Former Marlins president David Samson, now unshackled by any contractual r ...

Following national recognition for its French production of Cinderella, the Frost Opera Theater is d ...

Several UM art students are getting real-world exposure during a highly anticipated – and attended – ...

Over the past several years, more and more students are using UM Libraries as a study place, a meeti ...

A record number of gifts have been collected across UM campuses to benefit children and seniors in t ...

Former Prime Minister of Israel Ehud Barak, who previously served as minister of the interior and mi ...

Following its longest break of the season thus far, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team ...

After a six-day layoff, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team will be back in action Sund ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...

University of Miami redshirt senior defensive tackle Gerald Willis III was recognized for his outsta ...

The University of Miami's redshirt senior setter Haley Templeton was named to the 2018 AVCA All ...