This Week in Entertainment

Britney ready to Vogue?

Numerous blogs and paparazzi Web sites are abuzz with evidence of a collaboration between comeback queen Britney Spears and famed photographer Patrick Demarchelier. According to reports, the Vogue favorite shot Brit Brit in Los Angeles Tuesday. But while rumors have been running rampant that the shoot is for an upcoming issue of Vogue, eonline.com reports that the pics will grace the pages of a different fashion magazine before year’s end. 

Wait, Ellen wears makeup? 

Move over Britney – there’s another controversial cover girl in town. Ellen Degeneres, fresh from her August nuptials to Australian actress Portia de Rossi, is the new spokeswoman for Cover Girl cosmetics. No word yet if the talk show host’s dance moves will be featured in the brand’s new television commercials. 

Hathaway’s criminal love

From A-lister to tabloid scandal subject, Anne Hathaway had a turbulent summer. Now the actress is addressing her breakup from Raffaello Follieri, the Italian businessman who plead guilty to wire fraud and money laundering in a New York courtroom Wednesday. Hathaway told W magazine that she discovered the allegations just days before she was expected to promote Get Smart, her summer hit with Steve Carrel. “It’s a situation where the rug was pulled out from under me all of a sudden,” she says. “But just as suddenly, my friends threw another rug back under me.”

Sarah Palin isn’t f**king Matt Damon

Don’t count on seeing Matt Damon at a McCain/Palin rally anytime soon. The actor is taking some heat for a recent interview in which he calls the Republican VP nominee “terrifying.” “I think the pick was made for political purposes,” he says, “but in terms of governance, it’s a disaster.” Damon said he is concerned that a “hockey mom” with minimal political experience could be a heartbeat away from the presidency.

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

NASPA names UM as a Lead Advisory Institution for the seventh year in a row. ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

The 1983 national champions will be back on campus to celebrate the 35thanniversary of Miami's ...

Junior Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team opened the 2018 fall campaign fo ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will return to the courts Friday morning, opening up ...

The University of Miami soccer team fell to 12th-ranked Duke, 2-0, Thursday night in front a packed ...

The University of Miami volleyball program begins ACC play on Friday night against Wake Forest at 7 ...