MedSchool Briefs

UM doctors publish new stroke study in prestigious journal

New findings for the largest secondary stroke prevention study ever conducted have recently been published in the esteemed New England Journal of Medicine. The results are expected to have a great impact on the way strokes are predicted and prevented. 

Miller School receives esteemed heart surgeon

The University of Miami Miller School of Medicine recently added one of South Florida’s top heart surgeons, Donald B. Williams, who will be leaving Mount Sinai Medical Center after 19 years.

Ashleyann Gosselin

Health Advice Columnist

TikTok’s rapid rise in popularity presents a business opportunity, as well as concerns about privacy ...

Miller School of Medicine professor JoNell Potter testifies before a Congressional subcommittee on h ...

A Fall Commencement speaker encourages graduates to “drink in the eternal foundation of happiness” b ...

As more hazardous hurricanes affect more disadvantaged populations, climate and public health expert ...

University of Miami atmospheric scientist Elliot Atlas is part of a NASA-funded project studying how ...

RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.hurricanesports.com/rss.aspx. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.