Wasted condoms and toilet STDs

Q. I heard if you keep a condom in your wallet, it may not work later. Is that true?

A. Yes! I realize that you guys like to keep a condom in your wallet on the off chance that you talk some poor soul into sleeping with you, but by doing this you are going to damage the condom, opening yourself to STDs and maybe pregnancy due to friction and temperature. Let’s face it, condom prices are almost as high as gas prices so keep the condoms elsewhere, boys! 

Q. Can I get an STD from the toilet in my dorm?

A. No, that is a myth. Although it is sad and disturbing that your roommate has an STD, you are not at risk from sitting on the toilet. However, public toilets are disgusting and, seeing as how you are sharing your toilet with other people, I strongly suggest keeping it super clean, STD or no STD. Now, you can get an STD from your roommate if you have any sexual contact with them, including oral, anal, or you share needles or are exposure to infected blood and genital secretions. So don’t have sex with your roommate and make sure that they know to

Ashleyann Gosselin

Health Advice Columnist

Before Daniel Carter decided to sign with the Pittsburgh Panthers out of St. Thomas Aquinas, the fou ...

Lots of nuggets on new UM quarterback Tate Martell, the fallout and Jarren Williams’ reaction: ▪ Whe ...

Katie Meier is a legend at Duke. Her photo hangs in the concourse at Cameron Indoor Arena. She was t ...

New University of Miami head coach Manny Diaz was asked on the radio the morning after he was hired, ...

Jalen Hurts is off the market — and he’s not making his way to South Florida. The former Alabama Cri ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

Gisela Vega, the former associate director of LGBTQA Initiatives at Florida International University ...

With new “personas” allowing for a more personalized mobile experience, the redesigned University of ...

Teams of scholars will use U-LINK grants to examine ways to reduce opportunity gaps and biases in mu ...

Miami released its 2019 football schedule highlighted by a season-opening matchup against Florida in ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Thursday that ESPN reporter and UM alumna Allison Williams w ...

University of Miami head women's volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara announced Monda ...

After a weekend bye, the Miami women's basketball team resumes action Thursday evening at 7 p.m ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...