Trendy bowling lounge to open in South Miami

The weekend agenda for many Miami college students involves reserving a luxurious “table” at a club, fine-dining and enjoying a high-energy night of dancing after sunset. By this October, they’ll be able to do all of this and more at none other than a bowling alley, located approximately one mile from the University of Miami. 

Splitsville, a luxury bowling lounge, is expected to open its doors in South Miami’s Sunset Place on October 15. 

Guests will be able to enjoy “luxury seating” in one of the four themed seating areas, receive “full bottle service,” high-end sushi or filet mignon or lounge at a wood “pod,” where they can “eat, drink and bowl” while listening to music.

The lounge caters to everyone, from families who want to go bowling in a luxurious environment, to adults or college students who want to indulge in quality food, a few drinks or dance the night away, according to Dwayne Mcquillen, assistant general manager of Splitsville.

“It’s the perfect atmosphere for college socializing,” said Mcquillen, adding that the lounge boasts a VIP area and dance floor. “We’ll be sponsoring college functions.”

Splitsville’s bowling aspect inspires a more athletic, active atmosphere than an ordinary lounge or night club, said Mcquillen, which is why it’s a “great place to watch sports.”

“It’s a party atmosphere,” he said.

Splitsville of South Miami is planned to be the second location for the lounge; the first opened in Tampa five years ago.

To learn more about Splitsville, visit splitsvillelanes.com.

To apply for a job at Splitsville of South Miami, go to suite 154, across from Nike Town, in Sunset Place. 

Price Range: “Moderate,” said Mcquillen. “They’re not as high as South Beach prices.” 

Music: Eclectic

Hours: Mon-Thurs.: 4pm – 2am, Fri-Sat.: 11am – 5am, Sun.: 11am – 2am

Food: Sushi, gourmet pizza, hand-cut filets, slider sandwiches, tapas

Chelsea Kate Isaacs

Former University of Miami star running back Mark Walton was arrested late Friday on a charge of mis ...

Friday was strange for Gino DiMare. It wasn’t because his whole family went out to the mound at Alex ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The University of Miami baseball team opened the Gino DiMare era with a record-setting victory over ...

The University of Miami women's swimming team put together 14 lifetime bests Saturday at its an ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...

Despite earning the doubles point, the No. 15 Miami women's tennis team dropped a 5-2 decision ...