Trendy bowling lounge to open in South Miami

The weekend agenda for many Miami college students involves reserving a luxurious “table” at a club, fine-dining and enjoying a high-energy night of dancing after sunset. By this October, they’ll be able to do all of this and more at none other than a bowling alley, located approximately one mile from the University of Miami. 

Splitsville, a luxury bowling lounge, is expected to open its doors in South Miami’s Sunset Place on October 15. 

Guests will be able to enjoy “luxury seating” in one of the four themed seating areas, receive “full bottle service,” high-end sushi or filet mignon or lounge at a wood “pod,” where they can “eat, drink and bowl” while listening to music.

The lounge caters to everyone, from families who want to go bowling in a luxurious environment, to adults or college students who want to indulge in quality food, a few drinks or dance the night away, according to Dwayne Mcquillen, assistant general manager of Splitsville.

“It’s the perfect atmosphere for college socializing,” said Mcquillen, adding that the lounge boasts a VIP area and dance floor. “We’ll be sponsoring college functions.”

Splitsville’s bowling aspect inspires a more athletic, active atmosphere than an ordinary lounge or night club, said Mcquillen, which is why it’s a “great place to watch sports.”

“It’s a party atmosphere,” he said.

Splitsville of South Miami is planned to be the second location for the lounge; the first opened in Tampa five years ago.

To learn more about Splitsville, visit splitsvillelanes.com.

To apply for a job at Splitsville of South Miami, go to suite 154, across from Nike Town, in Sunset Place. 

Price Range: “Moderate,” said Mcquillen. “They’re not as high as South Beach prices.” 

Music: Eclectic

Hours: Mon-Thurs.: 4pm – 2am, Fri-Sat.: 11am – 5am, Sun.: 11am – 2am

Food: Sushi, gourmet pizza, hand-cut filets, slider sandwiches, tapas

Chelsea Kate Isaacs

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

Ten takeaways from UM’s 31-17 win against FIU on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium: ▪ Credit Mark Richt ...

As the Miami Hurricanes started their third series against the FIU Panthers on Saturday afternoon, t ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team is headed to the championship one of th ...

The Miami women's tennis team posted a 5-2 mark in official matches on the second day of the Mi ...

Freshman Riley Howard continued her incredible start as a Canes cross country runner setting another ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to host Virginia Tech Sunday at noon at Cobb Stadium. ...