Entertainment News Rundown

Britney won’t do it again…this year

The princess of pop is on the rebound – hitting the gym, laying off the Frappucinos, and scoring some visitation with her sons. But don’t count on Britney Spears returning to the stage any time soon.

“Contrary to media reports, Britney was never slated to perform on this year’s VMAs,” Larry Rudolph, Brit’s longtime manager, said in a statement. Instead, the singer is working on her next studio album.

Hollywood mom’s tell-all

If you thought Matthew McConaughey’s shirtless paparazzi pics were special, wait until you meet his mom Kay. In the Hollywood mama’s new book I Amaze Myself!, the elderly Ms. McConaughey divulges about her sex life with her husband.

“On Monday mornings, he and I often said goodbye by making love,” Kay told US Weekly. “But one day, all of a sudden, it just happened. I knew that something was wrong, because I didn’t hear anything from him. Just nothing. But it was just the best way to go!”

Changes on “American Idol”

Ready to feel old? American Idol is going into its eighth season! Producers are hoping to spice up the show a new judge. And with whom will Paula Abdul will have to compete for Simon’s affection? None other than her old roommate: Grammy-nominated songwriter Kara DioGuardi, who has penned hits for Kelly Clarkson, Christina Aguilera and Disney’s Camp Rock.

Nick Maslow

Of the Staff

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Canes find themselves in the mix for a couple o ...

It was May 2015, and the Miami Herald was reporting for a feature on high school football players ab ...

Deidrick Stanley had his eye on the Miami Hurricanes long before his hometown school finally offered ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ UM has only two Rivals.com five-star recruits on the ...

Even five months ago, it would’ve been hard to picture Jaylan Knighton winding up with the Miami Hur ...

The 2019 NFL draft begins tonight from Nashville, Tennessee, and continues through Saturday with sev ...

The final concrete slabs for the 25 interconnected buildings of the newly named Lakeside Village are ...

A former UM professor started a company dedicated to publishing books on African-American culture, h ...

A group of School of Architecture students visited the Caribbean nation to learn about the historic ...

Faculty with the Miller School of Medicine and Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science w ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team won ACC Player of the Year for the seco ...

Sophomore Adria Soriano Barrera earned second team accolades for the second straight season, while f ...

Miami and adidas today unveiled the first-ever baseball jerseys made from Parley Ocean Plastic. ...

Michael Amditis tied a career-high with three hits and a homer to help the #24 Canes sweep FIU. ...

Miami earns sixth seed in Cle Elum Regional, hosted by the University of Washington. ...