Entertainment News Rundown

Britney won’t do it again…this year

The princess of pop is on the rebound – hitting the gym, laying off the Frappucinos, and scoring some visitation with her sons. But don’t count on Britney Spears returning to the stage any time soon.

“Contrary to media reports, Britney was never slated to perform on this year’s VMAs,” Larry Rudolph, Brit’s longtime manager, said in a statement. Instead, the singer is working on her next studio album.

Hollywood mom’s tell-all

If you thought Matthew McConaughey’s shirtless paparazzi pics were special, wait until you meet his mom Kay. In the Hollywood mama’s new book I Amaze Myself!, the elderly Ms. McConaughey divulges about her sex life with her husband.

“On Monday mornings, he and I often said goodbye by making love,” Kay told US Weekly. “But one day, all of a sudden, it just happened. I knew that something was wrong, because I didn’t hear anything from him. Just nothing. But it was just the best way to go!”

Changes on “American Idol”

Ready to feel old? American Idol is going into its eighth season! Producers are hoping to spice up the show a new judge. And with whom will Paula Abdul will have to compete for Simon’s affection? None other than her old roommate: Grammy-nominated songwriter Kara DioGuardi, who has penned hits for Kelly Clarkson, Christina Aguilera and Disney’s Camp Rock.

Nick Maslow

Of the Staff

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ Hurricanes fans aren’t the only ones exasperated by t ...

If Saturday wasn’t a turning point for N’Kosi Perry, it was maybe the start of one — at least this i ...

The question for Manny Diaz was simple, and the defensive coordinator’s answer was simple, too — sor ...

The University of Miami’s popular turnover chain was spotlighted in a promotional video for February ...

The evidence was glaring. On Monday night, Miami true freshman running back Lorenzo Lingard posted o ...

New student organization’s mission is a movement to return to the ‘roots’ of natural hair. ...

A University of Miami professor discusses the dynamics of this trend. ...

A mobile museum coming to UM this week will showcase relics of the African-American experience. ...

Get set for a whirlwind of information on critical issues facing the planet and how to tell those st ...

Professors and staff from UM are offering students an in-class introduction to gardening and food pr ...

Ebuka Izundu had a career night as the Canes took down Stephen F. Austin, 96-58. ...

The Canes have two games left in the 2018 regular season and they have one goal in mind: finish the ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team will host No. 19 Marquette in a top-25 matchup Thursda ...

Director of Track and Field/Cross Country Amy Deem announced the University of Miami's 2019 tra ...

The Miami women's basketball team moved up one spot to No. 24 nationally in this week's As ...