Entertainment News Rundown

Britney won’t do it again…this year

The princess of pop is on the rebound – hitting the gym, laying off the Frappucinos, and scoring some visitation with her sons. But don’t count on Britney Spears returning to the stage any time soon.

“Contrary to media reports, Britney was never slated to perform on this year’s VMAs,” Larry Rudolph, Brit’s longtime manager, said in a statement. Instead, the singer is working on her next studio album.

Hollywood mom’s tell-all

If you thought Matthew McConaughey’s shirtless paparazzi pics were special, wait until you meet his mom Kay. In the Hollywood mama’s new book I Amaze Myself!, the elderly Ms. McConaughey divulges about her sex life with her husband.

“On Monday mornings, he and I often said goodbye by making love,” Kay told US Weekly. “But one day, all of a sudden, it just happened. I knew that something was wrong, because I didn’t hear anything from him. Just nothing. But it was just the best way to go!”

Changes on “American Idol”

Ready to feel old? American Idol is going into its eighth season! Producers are hoping to spice up the show a new judge. And with whom will Paula Abdul will have to compete for Simon’s affection? None other than her old roommate: Grammy-nominated songwriter Kara DioGuardi, who has penned hits for Kelly Clarkson, Christina Aguilera and Disney’s Camp Rock.

Nick Maslow

Of the Staff

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

Ten takeaways from UM’s 31-17 win against FIU on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium: ▪ Credit Mark Richt ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The season-opening, three-day Miami Fall Invite wrapped up Sunday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center a ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...