Football

A look at the perks of Dolphin Stadium

Ticketmaster.com

This isn’t the Orange Bowl anymore.

At the multi-sport facility known as Dolphin Stadium, many amenities previously unavailable at the OB will be easily accessible to fans at football games. 

• Gate B has been designated as the student entrance, and the west end zone will hold the student section – likely the loudest section despite it hosting only a fraction of the stadium’s 74,916 seats.
  • $250 million worth of improvements and innovations were made on the 21-year-old stadium in 2007 to provide more open space, concessions stands, restaurants, lounges and gathering places.
    • One of these areas, the Grand Plaza at Gate G on the south side, is an open-air but covered plaza used for pre-event entertainment. A large merchandise store that features the latest MLB and NFL merchandise can also be found here.
    • On the complete opposite side, the Courtyard at Gate C offers an identical space for festivities.
  • The Gallery of Legends adds a visual tour of Miami Dolphins history.
  • Both the 100 and 400 levels have more than 2,000 flat-screen high-definition TV monitors, including several 103-inch plasma displays that show the game while one waits in concession lines.
  • Among the more popular food items sold are panini sandwiches, “Dolphin hot dogs,” Asian stir fry, wraps, Edy’s ice cream, Caribbean cuisine and Cuban sandwiches.
  • Most importantly, Dolphin Stadium contains two of the largest high-definition video boards in professional sport venues and the longest LED ribbon board in the world.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

University of Miami athletic director Blake James has no intention of pressuring or forcing coach Ma ...

He’s certainly not a veteran, but for the first time in his college football career, redshirt freshm ...

This November feels a lot more like March for the 24th-ranked University of Miami women’s basketball ...

For a month at a time, Louis Hedley would find himself in the deserts of Australia. His chances at m ...

It has been a trying season for college football fans of two Sunshine State programs: Florida State ...

UM Professor of Law Frances R. Hill tells us what we should know. ...

An international study led by University of Miami tropical biologists reveals that tropical trees ar ...

UM’s robotics team recently obtained a new robot with the goal of helping aging individuals. ...

New student organization’s mission is a movement to return to the ‘roots’ of natural hair. ...

A University of Miami professor discusses the dynamics of this trend. ...

N'Kosi Perry wants to build off his showing at Georgia Tech with another strong performance thi ...

University of Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce the s ...

Isaiah Wong and Anthony Walker will join Canes for 2019-20 season. ...

Three University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes – Adria Soriano Barrera, Bojan Jankulov ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team checks in at seventh in the country in ...