Football

A look at the perks of Dolphin Stadium

Ticketmaster.com

This isn’t the Orange Bowl anymore.

At the multi-sport facility known as Dolphin Stadium, many amenities previously unavailable at the OB will be easily accessible to fans at football games. 

• Gate B has been designated as the student entrance, and the west end zone will hold the student section – likely the loudest section despite it hosting only a fraction of the stadium’s 74,916 seats.
  • $250 million worth of improvements and innovations were made on the 21-year-old stadium in 2007 to provide more open space, concessions stands, restaurants, lounges and gathering places.
    • One of these areas, the Grand Plaza at Gate G on the south side, is an open-air but covered plaza used for pre-event entertainment. A large merchandise store that features the latest MLB and NFL merchandise can also be found here.
    • On the complete opposite side, the Courtyard at Gate C offers an identical space for festivities.
  • The Gallery of Legends adds a visual tour of Miami Dolphins history.
  • Both the 100 and 400 levels have more than 2,000 flat-screen high-definition TV monitors, including several 103-inch plasma displays that show the game while one waits in concession lines.
  • Among the more popular food items sold are panini sandwiches, “Dolphin hot dogs,” Asian stir fry, wraps, Edy’s ice cream, Caribbean cuisine and Cuban sandwiches.
  • Most importantly, Dolphin Stadium contains two of the largest high-definition video boards in professional sport venues and the longest LED ribbon board in the world.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

At 7:27 p.m Tuesday, University of Miami football coach Manny Diaz tweeted a GIF of a swirling Hurri ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ As Miami awaits decisions from its potential 2019 qua ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Monday night: ▪ FIU has decided that its Nov. 23 football game agains ...

Dewan Hernandez hit another NCAA roadblock on Monday, but the University of Miami forward will take ...

Jeff Thomas will be joining the Illinois Fighting Illini after all. After a few days of discussion a ...

Grantees aim to eliminate opportunity gaps and biases in different realms and improve brain injury t ...

The film launches the 2019 film series for the UM Libraries Cuban Heritage Collection. ...

Here’s a go-to list of dates you should keep an eye on throughout the semester, along with some tidb ...

For more than 77 years, UM Hillel has provided a vibrant and diverse “home-away-from-home” that is f ...

University of Miami experts weigh in on the largest increase in carbon emissions in eight years. ...

The University of Miami football program has hired Dan Enos as its offensive coordinator and quarter ...

University of Miami head women's volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara announced Monda ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...

After a weekend bye, the Miami women's basketball team resumes action Thursday evening at 7 p.m ...

Pictures from the No. 17 Miami women's tennis team's season-opening action in the Miami Sp ...