Football

A look at the perks of Dolphin Stadium

Ticketmaster.com

This isn’t the Orange Bowl anymore.

At the multi-sport facility known as Dolphin Stadium, many amenities previously unavailable at the OB will be easily accessible to fans at football games. 

• Gate B has been designated as the student entrance, and the west end zone will hold the student section – likely the loudest section despite it hosting only a fraction of the stadium’s 74,916 seats.
  • $250 million worth of improvements and innovations were made on the 21-year-old stadium in 2007 to provide more open space, concessions stands, restaurants, lounges and gathering places.
    • One of these areas, the Grand Plaza at Gate G on the south side, is an open-air but covered plaza used for pre-event entertainment. A large merchandise store that features the latest MLB and NFL merchandise can also be found here.
    • On the complete opposite side, the Courtyard at Gate C offers an identical space for festivities.
  • The Gallery of Legends adds a visual tour of Miami Dolphins history.
  • Both the 100 and 400 levels have more than 2,000 flat-screen high-definition TV monitors, including several 103-inch plasma displays that show the game while one waits in concession lines.
  • Among the more popular food items sold are panini sandwiches, “Dolphin hot dogs,” Asian stir fry, wraps, Edy’s ice cream, Caribbean cuisine and Cuban sandwiches.
  • Most importantly, Dolphin Stadium contains two of the largest high-definition video boards in professional sport venues and the longest LED ribbon board in the world.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

Ten takeaways from UM’s 31-17 win against FIU on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium: ▪ Credit Mark Richt ...

As the Miami Hurricanes started their third series against the FIU Panthers on Saturday afternoon, t ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team is headed to the championship of one th ...

The Miami women's tennis team posted a 5-2 mark in official matches on the second day of the Mi ...

Freshman Riley Howard continued her incredible start as a Canes cross country runner setting another ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to host Virginia Tech Sunday at noon at Cobb Stadium. ...