Sports Briefs

Football
Marve suspended for opener

Miami Hurricanes’ quarterback Robert Marve has been suspended for the Canes’ season opener against Charleston Southern. The news came out Friday, and it is presumed that the suspension is the result of an incident that occurred last year in Coconut Grove.

With Marve, who is believed to be the favorite for the starting quarterback job, suspended, the door has been opened for Jacory Harris, who now looks to be the odds-on-favorite to lead the Canes out of the gate for the first game at Dolphin Stadium. What this means for the Hurricanes’ quarterback situation in the second game, against the University of Florida, is yet to be seen.

Information compiled by Pravin Patel from hurricanesports.com and The Miami Herald.

Pravin Patel

UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos on Monday addressed the quarterback situation in this piece, culle ...

University of Florida big man Keith Stone, a 6-8 and 254-pound Deerfield Beach native, is heading cl ...

The Miami Hurricanes are primed to have another nice weekend in the NFL Draft, at least according to ...

UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos already has displayed a penchant for giving thoughtful, substantiv ...

And you thought the quarterback race was hot before. After reviewing the University of Miami spring ...

Yvette Soler, B.M. ’96, better known as Tigrilla Gardenia, connects her music engineering background ...

Preservation Week, from April 21 to April 27, is focused on highlighting the importance of learning ...

There are numerous ways to connect with the University of Miami during the two-day tech conference o ...

A symbol of both French heritage and Catholicism, Paris’ 850-year-old gothic cathedral was gutted by ...

The Division of Student Affairs hosted a reception to present campus-wide awards and scholarships to ...

The Canes are ranked for the second consecutive week, cracking the top 25 in two different polls rel ...

Nearly 10,000 fans got a glimpse of things to come at Camping World Stadium ...

Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey, Jr. have been selected to receive the University of Miami Sports Hall of ...

Miami Athletics has become one of the leaders nationally in developing its sports psychology departm ...

Images from the University of Miami women's tennis team's run to the ACC Championship semi ...