Sports Briefs

Football
Marve suspended for opener

Miami Hurricanes’ quarterback Robert Marve has been suspended for the Canes’ season opener against Charleston Southern. The news came out Friday, and it is presumed that the suspension is the result of an incident that occurred last year in Coconut Grove.

With Marve, who is believed to be the favorite for the starting quarterback job, suspended, the door has been opened for Jacory Harris, who now looks to be the odds-on-favorite to lead the Canes out of the gate for the first game at Dolphin Stadium. What this means for the Hurricanes’ quarterback situation in the second game, against the University of Florida, is yet to be seen.

Information compiled by Pravin Patel from hurricanesports.com and The Miami Herald.

Pravin Patel

For the first time since Mark Richt benched N’Kosi Perry for Malik Rosier in the Miami Hurricanes’ l ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ offense has struggled for about a month now and Saturday there was no bigger c ...

Thoughts and postscripts after UM’s 27-21 loss at Georgia Tech on Saturday: ▪ If Mark Richt intends ...

The Miami Hurricanes have spiraled into a deep dive, with little time left to surface for air. In a ...

When Jack Spicer first booted away a 38-yard punt early in the second quarter against the Georgia Te ...

Get set for a whirlwind of information on critical issues facing the planet and how to tell those st ...

Professors and staff from UM are offering students an in-class introduction to gardening and food pr ...

The 2018 midterm election shifts the balance of power in Congress, with women playing a huge role. ...

UM alumna, one-time Miami Dolphins cheerleader, and National Geographic explorer Mireya Mayor lives ...

The “It’s On Us” Student Ambassador Program empowers peers to overcome sexual misconduct and gender ...

The Hurricanes advance to the Preseason WNIT semifinals. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team fell to North Carolina, 3-1, on Veteran's Day at Carmic ...

The No. 25/24 Miami women's basketball team will resume play in the Preseason WNIT Sunday after ...

The Hurricanes fall to Georgia Tech in Atlanta Saturday night. ...

Freshmen Franco Aubone and Kaya Gore of the University of Miami men's tennis team captured a do ...