Sports Briefs

Football
Marve suspended for opener

Miami Hurricanes’ quarterback Robert Marve has been suspended for the Canes’ season opener against Charleston Southern. The news came out Friday, and it is presumed that the suspension is the result of an incident that occurred last year in Coconut Grove.

With Marve, who is believed to be the favorite for the starting quarterback job, suspended, the door has been opened for Jacory Harris, who now looks to be the odds-on-favorite to lead the Canes out of the gate for the first game at Dolphin Stadium. What this means for the Hurricanes’ quarterback situation in the second game, against the University of Florida, is yet to be seen.

Information compiled by Pravin Patel from hurricanesports.com and The Miami Herald.

Pravin Patel

The Fall Lecture series explores topics on accelerated resolution therapy treatments, pain managemen ...

As the Bahamas urges tourists to visit its islands unaffected by Hurricane Dorian, University of Mia ...

Katya Saunders, president of the Bahamian Students Association, is leading a relief effort to help h ...

The uniqueness of the University of Miami—as a place to live, learn, share knowledge, and innovate—s ...

University of Miami President Julio Frenk touted the University’s recent accomplishments in his seco ...

RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.hurricanesports.com/rss.aspx. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.