Sports Briefs

Football
Marve suspended for opener

Miami Hurricanes’ quarterback Robert Marve has been suspended for the Canes’ season opener against Charleston Southern. The news came out Friday, and it is presumed that the suspension is the result of an incident that occurred last year in Coconut Grove.

With Marve, who is believed to be the favorite for the starting quarterback job, suspended, the door has been opened for Jacory Harris, who now looks to be the odds-on-favorite to lead the Canes out of the gate for the first game at Dolphin Stadium. What this means for the Hurricanes’ quarterback situation in the second game, against the University of Florida, is yet to be seen.

Information compiled by Pravin Patel from hurricanesports.com and The Miami Herald.

Pravin Patel

The University of Miami Patti and Allan Herbert Business School lecture series continue this spring

As the coronavirus swept into South Florida, students in the inaugural Your Health, Your Immune Syst

Levels of bacteria dropped only days after the COVID-19 pandemic forced the closure of recreational

The University of Miami Institute for Advanced Study of the Americas hosted an online seminar Wednes

Ariel Rose, a Frost School of Music graduate, talks about her experience at the University of Miami