New resources available through the Richter Library

The University of Miami Libraries have implemented several new services over the summer with the specific purpose of better serving the UM students and faculty.

IBISweb or IBISweb Encore?

You now have choices when searching the library’s many resources. IBISWEB Encore is an interface for the library catalog that works similar to Amazon by providing relevancy-ranked keyword search results with thumbnails of book covers, as well as ways to easily view your search results by format, collection, language, publication date, or subject tags. Encore searches the same library catalog database as IBISWEB Classic, but presents the results in a user-friendly style. IBISWEB Classic is still available for those who prefer its functionality. Select IBISweb or IBISweb Encore from the tab menu at the top of the library homepage.

MultiSearch

MultiSearch is a new discovery tool that allows you to retrieve results from multiple databases with a single search. MultiSearch is accessed from the new tab menu on the top of the Library web site. Simply enter your search term and select a subject category. The library has preconfigured a selection of core electronic resources for each subject category, or you can select your own preferred mix of resources from the database listing on the MultiSearch home page.

Uncover your Creativity in the Digital Media Services (DMS) Lab

Digital Media Services has expanded on the first floor of Richter Library, adjacent to the Information Commons. In this lab you can design a poster or brochure, build a web site, edit video, work with Flash animation, convert analog formats to digital, and more. DMS workstations are equipped with state-of-the-art digital image, audio and video editing tools, giving faculty and students the resources needed to develop and present content in many new ways. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a first-time user, DMS can help you achieve your project goals. The trained staff are eager to assist and available from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m., Monday-Friday. Visit the web site for more information or to make a reservation: www.library.miami.edu/services/medialab/

More Seating Coming Soon to Richter

Space for additional seating has been added to Richter Library. Look for new group study tables, more chair options, and a greater number of seats. We’ve added workstations to the large group study (Room 122) and it is now available for individual users or for workshops.

Get Help Online with vLib, our Virtual Library Tutorials

Are you a new user of IBISweb? Need help using Course Reserves? The library now offers online tutorials designed to instruct patrons on how to get the most out of library services. This growing collection of short, narrated videos will help you navigate the library Web site, locate books and articles, read call numbers, and a lot more.

Visit the vLib web site at: www.library.miami.edu/vlib

Chelsea Kate Isaacs

UM’s recruiting class — comprised so far of 14 non-binding commitments — has dropped to 40th overall ...

University of Miami basketball player Dewan Hernandez, who has missed the first nine games of the se ...

Anthony Solomon will head north for his college football career. The St. Thomas Aquinas linebacker a ...

A day after naming Ephraim Banda and Jonathan Patke co-defensive coordinators, the Miami Hurricanes ...

It doesn’t matter if the number is actually 21 or it’s just what Jeremiah Payton estimates now. Twen ...

Feelings of depression and anxiety rise during the holidays, but there’s plenty you can do to keep u ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team turned in another stellar defensive performance Sun ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The Hurricanes hosted their annual Football Awards Show Saturday at Gusman Hall, honoring the 2018 S ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...