Marine science undergraduate students now included in Rosenstiel School

This year’s class of the University of Miami’s Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science will consist of both undergraduate and graduate students for the first time in the school’s history.

UM President Donna E. Shalala has shifted the full administration of the undergraduate programs for Marine and Atmospheric Science, Marine Affairs and Meteorology to the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science.

Before that, undergraduate study was a part of the College of Arts and Sciences for 30 years.

This year’s entering graduate class of 52 students is the largest class at the Rosenstiel School since 1994.

“The fact that this graduate class is larger than previous ones speaks to the relevance of environmental science and policy in today’s world, and students’ eagerness to better understand our planet and help improve our quality of life,” said Otis Brown, dean of the Rosenstiel School, in a press release. “We look forward to welcoming our graduate student body, and we are also pleased to be a part of this historic moment, where 95 talented students will be the first undergraduates to call Rosenstiel their ‘home school’ from their first day on campus.”

Edward Fishman and Erika Capek

Assistant News Editors

Even after snagging Ohio State transfer Tate Martell, UM has remained highly aggressive in its pursu ...

As the NFL’s conference finals were unfolding Sunday, Manny Diaz – the UM coach who doubles as a soc ...

The University of Miami womens’ basketball team made sure North Carolina fans didn’t get to celebrat ...

Throughout the four years he spent as a tackle for the Miami Hurricanes, Tyree St. Louis never consi ...

Finally, a marquee home game for the University of Miami men’s basketball team, a game big enough th ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

The Miami women's basketball team will play its highest-ranked opponent of the season thus far ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...

Beatrice Mompremier of the Miami women's basketball team was named the ACC Player of the Week, ...

Bennie Blades will serve as host of the UMSHoF's Eighth Annual Celebrity Bowling Tournament, on ...

The Miami women's basketball team defeated North Carolina for the fourth consecutive year with ...