Eddie Pieron, 21, biology and psychology student

Eddie Pieron, a University of Miami senior from Woodland Hills, Calif., was found slain in his South Miami home on July 5. He was 21.  

Pieron, who studied biology and psychology, had aspirations of becoming a doctor, according to the Coral Gables Gazette. He was a “generous friend to so many people” who “seemed to care more about other people than himself,” close friends said.

Pieron graduated from the Carlbrook School in 2004. He enjoyed working out, football, going to the beach and playing Guitar Hero, according to his Facebook profile. A Facebook group called “Remembering Eddie Pieron,” has 383 members and 94 comments made by Pieron’s friends and family at the time of posting.

Friends recall exciting times with Pieron, his charisma, ability to “light up the room” and his love for “exquisite cheese” at Whole Foods.

Pieron’s loved ones have dedicated another Facebook group in honor of Pieron, called “Eddie Pieron, a sensitive and loving man. Rest Easy.”

To view Pieron’s remembrance group, log on to Facebook and search for “Remembering Eddie Pieron.”

Chelsea Kate Isaacs

Friday was strange for Gino DiMare. It wasn’t because his whole family went out to the mound at Alex ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

The first half of Wednesday night’s game was as lousy as the weather outside the Watsco Center, as t ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The University of Miami baseball team opened the Gino DiMare era with a record-setting victory over ...

The Canes open the 75th season in program history and first under the direction of head coach Gino D ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...

The University of Miami golf team heads to the Big Easy to open competition Sunday at the 2019 Allst ...