Eddie Pieron, 21, biology and psychology student

Eddie Pieron, a University of Miami senior from Woodland Hills, Calif., was found slain in his South Miami home on July 5. He was 21.  

Pieron, who studied biology and psychology, had aspirations of becoming a doctor, according to the Coral Gables Gazette. He was a “generous friend to so many people” who “seemed to care more about other people than himself,” close friends said.

Pieron graduated from the Carlbrook School in 2004. He enjoyed working out, football, going to the beach and playing Guitar Hero, according to his Facebook profile. A Facebook group called “Remembering Eddie Pieron,” has 383 members and 94 comments made by Pieron’s friends and family at the time of posting.

Friends recall exciting times with Pieron, his charisma, ability to “light up the room” and his love for “exquisite cheese” at Whole Foods.

Pieron’s loved ones have dedicated another Facebook group in honor of Pieron, called “Eddie Pieron, a sensitive and loving man. Rest Easy.”

To view Pieron’s remembrance group, log on to Facebook and search for “Remembering Eddie Pieron.”

Chelsea Kate Isaacs

Experts from the University of Miami School of Law address civil and human rights, public health, fi ...

With the launch of National Poetry Month, University of Miami faculty members celebrate the solace a ...

Interested in the arts? Check out this comprehensive list of digital arts-related content that is av ...

Rabbi Mendy Fellig and his wife, Henchi, from the Chabad Jewish Student Center, were among an unprec ...

University of Miami students are urged to take the President’s Coalition on Sexual Violence Preventi ...