University of Miami to remain closed Tuesday

Continue following Tropical Storm Fay with Storm Tracker at blogs.themiamihurricane.com.

The University of Miami will remain closed through Tuesday due to the effects of Tropical Storm Fay, the Crisis Decision Team announced Monday evening.

UM hospitals and clinics will remain open to provide services, except for Bascom Palmer Eye Institute’s facility in Naples, Fla.

Residential Colleges and the University Village will also remain open for check-in. International orientation will continue as planned, but general orientation check-in will take place from 1-7 p.m. in the International Lounge, 2nd floor of the University Center.

For more information, go to http://www.miami.edu/prepare or call the Hurricane Hotline at 305-284-5151 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. Tuesday.

Matthew Bunch may be contacted at bunch@miami.edu.

Matthew Bunch

Daily protests are taking place in Puerto Rico, calling for the resignation of Gov. Ricardo Roselló. ...

How will the sentencing of “El Chapo” impact the drug trade out of Mexico? Bruce Bagley, a professor ...

By showing how the controversial crime-fighting strategy is unevenly employed in marginalized neighb ...

Hosmay Lopez, of the NOAA Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Studies at the University ...

UM alumna Shirley Hoffman Kilkelly was one of the few women engineers who worked on the Apollo 11 mo ...

Junior defensive back Trajan Bandy was among those players named to the 2019 Jim Thorpe Award Presea ...

Seniors Michael Pinckney and Shaquille Quarterman were among those players named to the watch list f ...

Sophomore tight end Brevin Jordan was among the 60 players named to the 2019 John Mackey Award Prese ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team added yet another elite accolade to her ...

Redshirt senior wide receiver K.J. Osborn was among six ACC players named to The Biletnikoff Award W ...