University of Miami to remain closed Tuesday

Continue following Tropical Storm Fay with Storm Tracker at blogs.themiamihurricane.com.

The University of Miami will remain closed through Tuesday due to the effects of Tropical Storm Fay, the Crisis Decision Team announced Monday evening.

UM hospitals and clinics will remain open to provide services, except for Bascom Palmer Eye Institute’s facility in Naples, Fla.

Residential Colleges and the University Village will also remain open for check-in. International orientation will continue as planned, but general orientation check-in will take place from 1-7 p.m. in the International Lounge, 2nd floor of the University Center.

For more information, go to http://www.miami.edu/prepare or call the Hurricane Hotline at 305-284-5151 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. Tuesday.

Matthew Bunch may be contacted at bunch@miami.edu.

Matthew Bunch

UM was very fortunate that junior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud a ...

Hard Rock Stadium will be filled with Miami fans — and probably only Miami fans — when the two colle ...

They made school history on Sunday with a nationally-televised road upset of No. 2 Louisville, and o ...

Mark Walton, the former University of Miami star football player and current Cincinnati Bengal, was ...

Don Chaney Jr. says his recruitment is over and the way he talks about the Miami Hurricanes, it’s ea ...

Miami Law’s Frances Hill answers key questions about the National Emergencies Act. ...

Researcher Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer is leading a study aimed at increasing the number of kids who ar ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Hours after garnering espnW National Player of the Week distinction, Emese Hof of the Miami women ...

For the second straight Monday, a member of the Miami women's basketball team has earned a nati ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami golf team moved up two spots on Monday's leaderboard at t ...