Greetings from Editor in Chief Matthew Bunch

Editor in Chief Matthew Bunch

[kml_flashembed movie=”http://www.vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1479487&show_title=0&show_byline=0″ height=”283″ width=”375″ allowfullscreen=”true” /]

To the readers of TheMiamiHurricane.com:

In case you can’t tell, there have been a few changes around these parts. Thanks to a months-long redesign, we’re rolling out an all-new TheMiamiHurricane.com.

Clearly, it’s a big change from what you may be used to. A cleaner, more focused presentation. Improved multimedia presentation. Breaking news text alerts. Those are just a few of the things you’ll be able to utilize on our new website.

We pride ourselves on being the true student voice of the University of Miami. Students write the articles, take the photos and design the pages of every issue. And now, we can proudly say that we’ve designed and presented our own website.

We thank College Publisher for many years of assistance with our own web page, and the help they’ve given us in our transition. This is simply us taking control of our own destiny.

I’d like to personally thank Brian Schlansky, our webmaster, who worked for months designing the site and everything it entails (trust me, it’s a ton of work). I’d also like to thank former Editor in Chief Greg Linch, who spearheaded this effort. He’s Mr. Online Journalism, and this website shows that. Business Manager Nick Maslow has been a huge part of this, and he and his office now have even more work to do selling online advertising. Their ongoing work is always appreciated. There are countless others to thank, but every member of our organization had some part in this project, and should take pride in the final product.

So please: look around, kick the tires and see how the all-new TheMiamiHurricane.com runs. Do you see something wrong? Please visit our Beta Feedback page and let us know. Without your input, we won’t know what to fix, what to improve and what to better serve your needs. We’re glad you came to visit, and we hope our new look will keep you coming back for years to come. Enjoy the all-new TheMiamiHurricane.com!

Sincerely,

Matthew Bunch
Editor in Chief

Matthew Bunch

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

The 1983 national champions will be back on campus to celebrate the 35thanniversary of Miami's ...

The University of Miami volleyball program begins ACC play on Friday night against Wake Forest at 7 ...

Head coach Katie Meier announced Wednesday the ninth annual Miami Women's Basketball Fantasy Ca ...

The yearly Miami Fall Invite will take place Friday through Sunday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center, ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...