UM student Kelly Ann Jones’ autopsy released

POSTED 4:37 P.M. 7/11/08

As the murder investigation of one University of Miami student continues, information about the death of UM freshman Kelly Ann Jones is finally coming out.

An autopsy report obtained by The Miami Hurricane on July 10 reveals that marijuana, amphetamines, cough medicine and alcohol were detected in Jones’ body.

“[Jones’] cause of death is accidental, with no foul play involved,” said Juan Villaba, a detective and spokesperson for the Miami-Dade Police Department.

Jones fell to her death from a third floor balcony of Mahoney Residential College, an on-campus dormitory, in the early morning of April 6.

Although the autopsy report and cause of death has been released, Jones’ case is still “technically open,” added Villaba.

Chelsea Kate Isaacs may be contacted at chelsea@miami.edu.

VIDEO FROM APRIL PRESS CONFERENCE

Chelsea Kate Isaacs

View photos as Miami Hurricanes Coach Jim Morris ends 41-year career on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at M ...

The sullen, charcoal sky opened with a vengeance Saturday afternoon at Mark Light Field in Coral Gab ...

Hurricanes football aficionados: How does another College GameDay at the University of Miami campus ...

Get out your calendars once again, UM football fans. The Atlantic Coast Conference has announced the ...

Lonnie Walker IV, so eager to begin his professional basketball career that he left the University o ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Maintenance mechanic Milton Davis has kept UM housing humming for decades. ...

No. 7 seed Miami opens its run at the 2018 ACC Baseball Championship Tuesday, May 22 against No. 11 ...

After 25 years, head coach Jim Morris had just one request for the pregame festivities for his final ...

In honor of Jim Morris' final regular season game as head coach at Miami on Saturday, May 19, t ...

Sophomore righthander Evan McKendry struck out 11 to help lead the Hurricanes to their 10thstraight ...

Check out over 60 of the top pictures from the Miami women's tennis team's matchup with to ...