UM student Kelly Ann Jones’ autopsy released

POSTED 4:37 P.M. 7/11/08

As the murder investigation of one University of Miami student continues, information about the death of UM freshman Kelly Ann Jones is finally coming out.

An autopsy report obtained by The Miami Hurricane on July 10 reveals that marijuana, amphetamines, cough medicine and alcohol were detected in Jones’ body.

“[Jones’] cause of death is accidental, with no foul play involved,” said Juan Villaba, a detective and spokesperson for the Miami-Dade Police Department.

Jones fell to her death from a third floor balcony of Mahoney Residential College, an on-campus dormitory, in the early morning of April 6.

Although the autopsy report and cause of death has been released, Jones’ case is still “technically open,” added Villaba.

Chelsea Kate Isaacs may be contacted at chelsea@miami.edu.

VIDEO FROM APRIL PRESS CONFERENCE

Chelsea Kate Isaacs

The Miami Hurricanes’ 2020 recruiting class continues to grow. Three-star Deerfield Beach wide recei ...

Chaminade-Madonna in Hollywood has produced some distinguished alums, including ESPN (and Miami Hera ...

Columbus was a popular destination for coaches throughout the first full week of May this spring. On ...

With Mark Walton (cut by Cincinnati) and Kendrick Norton (released by Carolina), the Dolphins have n ...

Perhaps no one but Kellen Winslow II knows for sure when his deep dive began from beloved University ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are transforming weather forecasts by creating a seasonal for ...

Imagine simulating diabetes, lung cancer, or heart disease on a device no larger than a credit card. ...

Alabama’s new abortion law puts the issue of women’s rights in the spotlight for the upcoming 2020 e ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Redshirt junior Brian Van Belle will take the mound in Miami's ACC Baseball Championship opener ...

For the 17th year in a row, the Miami women's tennis team ended the season in the top 25 of the ...

The quest for a spot at the 2019 NCAA Outdoor Championships begins Thursday for Miami's track a ...

Talking Track is a series that features current members of the Miami track and field program, while ...

Check out the May edition of the Hurricanes' e-magazine. ...