UM student Kelly Ann Jones’ autopsy released

POSTED 4:37 P.M. 7/11/08

As the murder investigation of one University of Miami student continues, information about the death of UM freshman Kelly Ann Jones is finally coming out.

An autopsy report obtained by The Miami Hurricane on July 10 reveals that marijuana, amphetamines, cough medicine and alcohol were detected in Jones’ body.

“[Jones’] cause of death is accidental, with no foul play involved,” said Juan Villaba, a detective and spokesperson for the Miami-Dade Police Department.

Jones fell to her death from a third floor balcony of Mahoney Residential College, an on-campus dormitory, in the early morning of April 6.

Although the autopsy report and cause of death has been released, Jones’ case is still “technically open,” added Villaba.

Chelsea Kate Isaacs may be contacted at chelsea@miami.edu.

VIDEO FROM APRIL PRESS CONFERENCE

Chelsea Kate Isaacs

It appears that at least one LSU receiver won’t be available at the University of Miami football ope ...

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

They are two big bodies with experience, but new to the University of Miami. And the Miami Hurricane ...

Freshman quarterback Jarren Williams, who returned to practice Wednesday after missing most of Tuesd ...

Intergroup Dialogue, soon to be offered as a course, fosters a sense of belonging, an appreciation f ...

Aretha Franklin and her music defined “what is soul” to generations of music lovers. ...

The University of Miami kicked into high gear to welcome thousands of new students and ensure move-i ...

UM President Julio Frenk welcomes first-year and transfer students to UM in signature ’Cane Kickoff ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team won its exhibition match over FIU, 3-0, Saturday at the Knig ...

Coming off a road win in its season opener, the University of Miami soccer team will welcome crossto ...

In head coach Sarah Barnes' debut at the helm, the University of Miami soccer team won its seas ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...

Malik Rosier, Travis Homer and Ahmmon Richards are key returning playmakers, but they are just the b ...