Wellness Center reopens after brief closing

POSTED MAY 1 AT 11:34 A.M.

The Wellness Center reopened at 6 a.m. today after a main water line broke Wednesday afternoon.

An e-mail sent out via e-Veritas Wednesday afternoon notified staff and students about the closing.

“The lack of water presents a health and safety hazard to Wellness Center members and guests,” the message said.

The closing only affected people wishing to use the facility for a few hours.

“I think it’s an inconvenience for those students who are looking for a study break,” Jill Farragher, a junior, said Wednesday. “But because it’s reopening tomorrow morning, that’s a really fast turnaround.”

Erika Capek may be contacted at e.capek@umiami.edu.

By showing how the controversial crime-fighting strategy is unevenly employed in marginalized neighb ...

Hosmay Lopez, of the NOAA Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Studies at the University ...

UM alumna Shirley Hoffman Kilkelly was one of the few women engineers who worked on the Apollo 11 mo ...

College of Engineering alumnus Frank DeMattia was just 21 years old when he went to work at NASA on ...

Registered dietitian Stephanie Sanchez shares realistic, healthy ways to get you on track and headed ...

Sophomore tight end Brevin Jordan was among the 60 players named to the 2019 John Mackey Award Prese ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team added yet another elite accolade to her ...

Redshirt senior wide receiver K.J. Osborn was among six ACC players named to The Biletnikoff Award W ...

The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) has awarded the University of Miami a 2019 NCAA ...

Dane Dunlap, William Grattan-Smith and Franco Aubone were each selected as All-Academic Scholar Athl ...