Wellness Center reopens after brief closing

POSTED MAY 1 AT 11:34 A.M.

The Wellness Center reopened at 6 a.m. today after a main water line broke Wednesday afternoon.

An e-mail sent out via e-Veritas Wednesday afternoon notified staff and students about the closing.

“The lack of water presents a health and safety hazard to Wellness Center members and guests,” the message said.

The closing only affected people wishing to use the facility for a few hours.

“I think it’s an inconvenience for those students who are looking for a study break,” Jill Farragher, a junior, said Wednesday. “But because it’s reopening tomorrow morning, that’s a really fast turnaround.”

Erika Capek may be contacted at e.capek@umiami.edu.

The Miami Hurricanes have had almost a week to regroup after a road loss at Boston College, and they ...

Sam Brooks stood on the field at Orlando’s Camping World Stadium, tears welling up in his eyes, and ...

The Miami Hurricanes had just stunned second-ranked Louisville on the road last Sunday, in front of ...

Willie Moise was willing to give the Miami Hurricanes the benefit of the doubt when Manny Diaz left ...

The tweets that foreshadowed Thursday’s news for the Miami Hurricanes began the third week of Januar ...

Without their foresight and love of homeland, the collection—the largest repository of Cuban documen ...

In the wake of Justice Thomas’s jaw-dropping statement, UM media law experts weigh in on the landmar ...

Which film will win Best Picture? Who will be Best Actor? We asked the experts. ...

Political unrest has swept through Haiti recently, spurred on by escalating prices and alleged polit ...

Prominent music scholar Kyra Gaunt will deliver a talk Friday about her research into the racial opp ...

Michael Amditis hit his first career home run to lead the Canes past the Gators. ...

Three Miami track and field athletes made their way to the podium on Day 2 of the ACC Indoor Champio ...

In Friday's ACC opener, the No. 35 University of Miami men's tennis team topped Georgia Te ...

Game time is 2 p.m. in Coral Gables. ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set for its second in-state, top-25 showdown of the ...