Wellness Center reopens after brief closing

POSTED MAY 1 AT 11:34 A.M.

The Wellness Center reopened at 6 a.m. today after a main water line broke Wednesday afternoon.

An e-mail sent out via e-Veritas Wednesday afternoon notified staff and students about the closing.

“The lack of water presents a health and safety hazard to Wellness Center members and guests,” the message said.

The closing only affected people wishing to use the facility for a few hours.

“I think it’s an inconvenience for those students who are looking for a study break,” Jill Farragher, a junior, said Wednesday. “But because it’s reopening tomorrow morning, that’s a really fast turnaround.”

Erika Capek may be contacted at e.capek@umiami.edu.

The University of Miami Patti and Allan Herbert Business School lecture series continue this spring

As the coronavirus swept into South Florida, students in the inaugural Your Health, Your Immune Syst

Levels of bacteria dropped only days after the COVID-19 pandemic forced the closure of recreational

The University of Miami Institute for Advanced Study of the Americas hosted an online seminar Wednes

Ariel Rose, a Frost School of Music graduate, talks about her experience at the University of Miami