We can (train leaving Florence)

His pink tie pink shirt brown skin match my pink laced dress brown lacy leggings.

He dances with me but for an audience; I dance for no one except I play with him.

Moments rush laughter, more alcohol, more stumbles, more doubt.

We do not touch each other as we drop into our deep sleeps;

Our four star hotel pulses with the trains.

In the morning he pouts. Where has tough guy gone?

My shield and his sulk cloak the room. No pretend kiss could break it.

Stomach burns with unnamed feelings- none of them are good.

When he smiles, I remember why we’re there.

We can take our wall and smash it, fuck like rabbits, love deeply until it crashes as fast as

it ignited. We could marinate in the melted goo of each others’ core till we dissolve in a delusional lovesick high, apathetic self-preservation, or bland bitterness due to

mind molestation and too much information.

I could close my eyes and feel slowly, let my hands grab at the air in a sulfur tunnel, sulfur sight, sulfur breath, put my hands along the wall to feel my way out, and on the way, if they land on him, there’s my answer.

We can accept that each kiss has its own level of honesty, talk for three hours on the train, walk gently, walking cotton brushing by-

I could curl in my room self-satisfied, alone, free from seeking affirmation.

My doubts could swallow me, jagged shark’s teeth, I’ll soft gaze at him like a

gum wrapper and keep on walking.

He can smile, and if he inhales my breath and sails it back without a beat,

There would be my answer, if there was one.

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

Ten takeaways from UM’s 31-17 win against FIU on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium: ▪ Credit Mark Richt ...

As the Miami Hurricanes started their third series against the FIU Panthers on Saturday afternoon, t ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team is headed to the championship one of th ...

The Miami women's tennis team posted a 5-2 mark in official matches on the second day of the Mi ...

Freshman Riley Howard continued her incredible start as a Canes cross country runner setting another ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to host Virginia Tech Sunday at noon at Cobb Stadium. ...