We can (train leaving Florence)

His pink tie pink shirt brown skin match my pink laced dress brown lacy leggings.

He dances with me but for an audience; I dance for no one except I play with him.

Moments rush laughter, more alcohol, more stumbles, more doubt.

We do not touch each other as we drop into our deep sleeps;

Our four star hotel pulses with the trains.

In the morning he pouts. Where has tough guy gone?

My shield and his sulk cloak the room. No pretend kiss could break it.

Stomach burns with unnamed feelings- none of them are good.

When he smiles, I remember why we’re there.

We can take our wall and smash it, fuck like rabbits, love deeply until it crashes as fast as

it ignited. We could marinate in the melted goo of each others’ core till we dissolve in a delusional lovesick high, apathetic self-preservation, or bland bitterness due to

mind molestation and too much information.

I could close my eyes and feel slowly, let my hands grab at the air in a sulfur tunnel, sulfur sight, sulfur breath, put my hands along the wall to feel my way out, and on the way, if they land on him, there’s my answer.

We can accept that each kiss has its own level of honesty, talk for three hours on the train, walk gently, walking cotton brushing by-

I could curl in my room self-satisfied, alone, free from seeking affirmation.

My doubts could swallow me, jagged shark’s teeth, I’ll soft gaze at him like a

gum wrapper and keep on walking.

He can smile, and if he inhales my breath and sails it back without a beat,

There would be my answer, if there was one.

The Miami Hurricanes may have found their future quarterback. Tate Martell, a former four-star recru ...

At 7:27 p.m Tuesday, University of Miami football coach Manny Diaz tweeted a GIF of a swirling Hurri ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ As Miami awaits decisions from its potential 2019 qua ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Monday night: ▪ FIU has decided that its Nov. 23 football game agains ...

Dewan Hernandez hit another NCAA roadblock on Monday, but the University of Miami forward will take ...

Gisela Vega, the former associate director of LGBTQA Initiatives at Florida International University ...

With new “personas” allowing for a more personalized mobile experience, the redesigned University of ...

Teams of scholars will use U-LINK grants to examine ways to reduce opportunity gaps and biases in mu ...

The film launches the 2019 film series for the UM Libraries Cuban Heritage Collection. ...

Here’s a go-to list of dates you should keep an eye on throughout the semester, along with some tidb ...

University of Miami head women's volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara announced Monda ...

The University of Miami football program has hired Dan Enos as its offensive coordinator and quarter ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...

After a weekend bye, the Miami women's basketball team resumes action Thursday evening at 7 p.m ...

Pictures from the No. 17 Miami women's tennis team's season-opening action in the Miami Sp ...