We can (train leaving Florence)

His pink tie pink shirt brown skin match my pink laced dress brown lacy leggings.

He dances with me but for an audience; I dance for no one except I play with him.

Moments rush laughter, more alcohol, more stumbles, more doubt.

We do not touch each other as we drop into our deep sleeps;

Our four star hotel pulses with the trains.

In the morning he pouts. Where has tough guy gone?

My shield and his sulk cloak the room. No pretend kiss could break it.

Stomach burns with unnamed feelings- none of them are good.

When he smiles, I remember why we’re there.

We can take our wall and smash it, fuck like rabbits, love deeply until it crashes as fast as

it ignited. We could marinate in the melted goo of each others’ core till we dissolve in a delusional lovesick high, apathetic self-preservation, or bland bitterness due to

mind molestation and too much information.

I could close my eyes and feel slowly, let my hands grab at the air in a sulfur tunnel, sulfur sight, sulfur breath, put my hands along the wall to feel my way out, and on the way, if they land on him, there’s my answer.

We can accept that each kiss has its own level of honesty, talk for three hours on the train, walk gently, walking cotton brushing by-

I could curl in my room self-satisfied, alone, free from seeking affirmation.

My doubts could swallow me, jagged shark’s teeth, I’ll soft gaze at him like a

gum wrapper and keep on walking.

He can smile, and if he inhales my breath and sails it back without a beat,

There would be my answer, if there was one.

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ You know when you will know the Hurricanes are really bac ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Canes find themselves in the mix for a couple o ...

It was May 2015, and the Miami Herald was reporting for a feature on high school football players ab ...

Deidrick Stanley had his eye on the Miami Hurricanes long before his hometown school finally offered ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ UM has only two Rivals.com five-star recruits on the ...

The 2019 NFL draft begins tonight from Nashville, Tennessee, and continues through Saturday with sev ...

The final concrete slabs for the 25 interconnected buildings of the newly named Lakeside Village are ...

A former UM professor started a company dedicated to publishing books on African-American culture, h ...

A group of School of Architecture students visited the Caribbean nation to learn about the historic ...

Faculty with the Miller School of Medicine and Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science w ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team won ACC Player of the Year for the seco ...

Sophomore Adria Soriano Barrera earned second team accolades for the second straight season, while f ...

The Miami track and field program is set to compete at the Tom Jones Memorial meet this weekend for ...

The No. 24 Hurricanes welcome ACC Coastal division foe Virginia Tech for a three-game series beginni ...

Miami and adidas today unveiled the first-ever baseball jerseys made from Parley Ocean Plastic. ...