Man is a fantasy in more than one way

Dear Hurriqueen,

So there’s this boy on Facebook. Very hot boy. He is gay and claims to have transferred to University of Miami from University of Florida. However, none of the UM gays have ever met him – or even seen him! In my curiosity, I was assertive and asked for his number via a Facebook message. We’ve talked for several hours on the phone. He has sent me naked pictures and videos of him masturbating, and even agreed to hang out or grab a bite to eat. But nothing ever comes of it. I never tolerate being stood up. What am I to do?

-Sketched out

Dear Sketched,

I know exactly who you are talking about! While I have yet to see these naked photos and masturbation videos of which you speak (e-mail them to hurriqueen@gmail.com now), I am one of Random Queen’s friends on Facebook. Furthermore, I check his profile regularly.

I typically look at his photos and think, Where is South Beach? Everyone knows that UM gays have a plethora of photos from SoBe, and yet this guy’s photos look like they were taken on a pig farm North Georgia. Seriously, the scenery of his most recently tagged photos evoke memories of seeing Jessica Simpson in “The Dukes of Hazard” – proof that categorically negates any claims that this queen lives in the Magic City.

But the Hurriqueen is investigative by nature, and as such, just had to get his hands dirty and dig deeper. Indeed, I spent my Thursday night instant messaging every single one of my University of Florida gays in Gainesville.

And guess what, my friend? None of my bros or their hags at UF have even heard of this fella, let alone make out with him at a club! That our peeps at UM and my gays at UF have absolutely no recollection of meeting mystery boy proves my point twice over: he doesn’t exist!

But accepting that this guy is a flake is only half the battle. Now you have to stop talking to him. I realize that this comes at a high cost: you will undoubtedly have to cut off your access to seeing videos of him rubbing one out.

But look on the bright side: deleting Mr. Sketch from your cell and AIM and ignoring all contact with him will give you more time to find a real boy in Miami, if one exists.

XOXO,
The Hurriqueen

Notice: This is the Hurriqueen’s last column ever, so please STOP sending your nasty ass questions to Hurriqueen@gmail.com. However, he would like for you to know that he appreciates everyone who had an opinion about what he had to say. Indeed, it has been a thought-provoking and intellectually stimulating year that demonstrated the importantance of separation of Student Government and student media at UM. Now go get A’s on your final exams, bitches.

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

The No. 21 University of Miami and FIU have met twice in football. But, oh, what a history they have ...

When University of Miami star safety Jaquan Johnson, thought by many to be the best player on the te ...

University of Miami backup tailback DeeJay Dallas, who had his first career 100-yard rushing game Sa ...

Tropical storm scientists and climate experts at the University of Miami provided insight, observati ...

Joseph Ganitsky, a professor in the Miami Business School, examines the financial crisis facing Arge ...

UM President Julio Frenk will host a town hall meeting Monday with students, faculty, staff, and gue ...

A building at Miami Law is named in honor of Robert Dooley, who donated $1.1 million to support the ...

The use of video game technology helps physicians more accurately diagnose patients suffering from P ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...

The University of Miami women's golf team concluded Sunday with a sixth-place finish at the 35t ...

The University of Miami golf team is in sixth after the first two rounds of play at the 35th annual ...