In response to “Beware of bikers”

[Last week’s editorial on bikers] was something that I have had feelings about for some time now. I am now a senior at the university and ever since I was a freshman, bikers, skaters and skateboarders have irked me. The sidewalks on our campus are set up, as their name implies, for people to walk on. As you stated in your editorial, they can get very crowded during “rush hour” and from my experience, the majority of riders expect the walkers to just jump out of their way as they speed along. Now, I would agree with you that special bike lanes could be the answer, but I also feel that would be an egregious waste of money. Our campus is very small and even for the slowest walker it does not take more than 20 minutes, at most, to get from one place to another. So actually, there is no reason to ride a bike around campus. Furthermore, commuters that ride a bike to school should park their bike in the same manner that car drivers do. In conclusion, I feel the true solution is for people to stop being so lazy and impatient and do what a majority of students already do – WALK to class.

– Daniel Signore
Senior

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

Ten takeaways from UM’s 31-17 win against FIU on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium: ▪ Credit Mark Richt ...

As the Miami Hurricanes started their third series against the FIU Panthers on Saturday afternoon, t ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team is headed to the championship one of th ...

The Miami women's tennis team posted a 5-2 mark in official matches on the second day of the Mi ...

Freshman Riley Howard continued her incredible start as a Canes cross country runner setting another ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to host Virginia Tech Sunday at noon at Cobb Stadium. ...