In response to “Beware of bikers”

[Last week’s editorial on bikers] was something that I have had feelings about for some time now. I am now a senior at the university and ever since I was a freshman, bikers, skaters and skateboarders have irked me. The sidewalks on our campus are set up, as their name implies, for people to walk on. As you stated in your editorial, they can get very crowded during “rush hour” and from my experience, the majority of riders expect the walkers to just jump out of their way as they speed along. Now, I would agree with you that special bike lanes could be the answer, but I also feel that would be an egregious waste of money. Our campus is very small and even for the slowest walker it does not take more than 20 minutes, at most, to get from one place to another. So actually, there is no reason to ride a bike around campus. Furthermore, commuters that ride a bike to school should park their bike in the same manner that car drivers do. In conclusion, I feel the true solution is for people to stop being so lazy and impatient and do what a majority of students already do – WALK to class.

– Daniel Signore
Senior

The Miami Hurricanes may have found their future quarterback. Tate Martell, a former four-star recru ...

At 7:27 p.m Tuesday, University of Miami football coach Manny Diaz tweeted a GIF of a swirling Hurri ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ As Miami awaits decisions from its potential 2019 qua ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Monday night: ▪ FIU has decided that its Nov. 23 football game agains ...

Dewan Hernandez hit another NCAA roadblock on Monday, but the University of Miami forward will take ...

Gisela Vega, the former associate director of LGBTQA Initiatives at Florida International University ...

With new “personas” allowing for a more personalized mobile experience, the redesigned University of ...

Teams of scholars will use U-LINK grants to examine ways to reduce opportunity gaps and biases in mu ...

The film launches the 2019 film series for the UM Libraries Cuban Heritage Collection. ...

Here’s a go-to list of dates you should keep an eye on throughout the semester, along with some tidb ...

University of Miami head women's volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara announced Monda ...

The University of Miami football program has hired Dan Enos as its offensive coordinator and quarter ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...

After a weekend bye, the Miami women's basketball team resumes action Thursday evening at 7 p.m ...

Pictures from the No. 17 Miami women's tennis team's season-opening action in the Miami Sp ...