BASEBALL: Reversal of fortune

POSTED MAY 16 AT 10:38 P.M.

Thursday night was all Miami, as the Canes piled on the North Carolina Tar Heels. Friday night, it was revenge of UNC.

The Tar Heels stormed out to a 9-0 lead, and a Mark Sobolewski grand slam couldn’t put a dent in the scoreline, as Miami fell to North Carolina 10-6.

North Carolina starter Adam Warren (8-1) throttled Miami’s hitting, allowing only the Sobolewski grand slam. After that home run in the sixth, Miami would score single runs in the eighth and ninth innings, as North Carolina managed the game from beginning to end.

Miami starter Eric Erickson (7-1) struggled out of the gate, as North Carolina scored six runs in the first four innings.

These two teams will finish their final regular season series of the year Saturday at 1 p.m. Whoever wins that game will likely be ranked No. 1 going into the ACC championship in Jacksonville, Fla. which begins Wednesday at 11 a.m.

Stay with The Miami Hurricane for more on this game and the conclusion of the series tomorrow.

Matthew Bunch may be contacted at m.bunch@umiami.edu.

University of Miami quarterback Malik Rosier is not relinquishing that starting job anytime soon. On ...

The Miami Hurricanes don’t just have a marquee season opener against LSU on their hands on Sept. 2. ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Monday: ▪ Here’s one encouraging development this month: The fre ...

The preseason love continues. The Associated Press unveiled its Top 25 preseason rankings Monday, an ...

The Miami Hurricanes on Monday had their first practice after their second scrimmage Saturday night ...

The University of Miami welcomed more than 2,300 new students to campus as the fall semester got und ...

Intergroup Dialogue, a pilot program that will soon become a UM elective course, promotes honest tal ...

Aretha Franklin and her music defined “what is soul” to generations of music lovers. ...

The University of Miami kicked into high gear to welcome thousands of new students and ensure move-i ...

UM President Julio Frenk welcomes first-year and transfer students to UM in signature ’Cane Kickoff ...

Miami checked in at No. 8 in the preseason Associated Press poll, marking its highest position in th ...

Miami and adidas today revealed their new environmentally-conscious alternate uniforms for the 2018 ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team picked up a victory ...

The University of Miami volleyball team won its exhibition match over FIU, 3-0, Saturday at the Knig ...

Coming off a road win in its season opener, the University of Miami soccer team will welcome crossto ...