BASEBALL: Canes crush North Carolina, 12-2

The Miami Hurricanes dominated the No. 2-ranked North Carolina Tar Heels at home Thursday night, 12-2.

The Thursday night game, in order to give teams a break before the ACC tournament which begins Wednesday, was completely controlled by Miami, as freshman phenom Chris Hernandez baffled the Tar Heels’ pitching.

North Carolina’s pitching didn’t fare much better, as the Hurricanes tagged starter Alex White for six earned runs over four and a third innings. Overall, all 12 runs scored by the Hurricanes were earned, putting a serious dent in North Carolina’s team ERA.

Stay with The Miami Hurricane for more on this game and the rest of the season.

Matthew Bunch may be contacted at m.bunch@umiami.edu

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

June is a huge recruiting month for the Miami Hurricanes. It concludes with Paradise Camp on June 22 ...

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

The Frost Chopin Festival and Academy at the University of Miami provides unparalleled experiences f ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...