BASEBALL: Canes crush North Carolina, 12-2

The Miami Hurricanes dominated the No. 2-ranked North Carolina Tar Heels at home Thursday night, 12-2.

The Thursday night game, in order to give teams a break before the ACC tournament which begins Wednesday, was completely controlled by Miami, as freshman phenom Chris Hernandez baffled the Tar Heels’ pitching.

North Carolina’s pitching didn’t fare much better, as the Hurricanes tagged starter Alex White for six earned runs over four and a third innings. Overall, all 12 runs scored by the Hurricanes were earned, putting a serious dent in North Carolina’s team ERA.

Stay with The Miami Hurricane for more on this game and the rest of the season.

Matthew Bunch may be contacted at m.bunch@umiami.edu

Father, mother, and daughter will all be students at the University of Miami this fall semester. ...

UM weather expert and senior research associate Brian McNoldy explains the science behind lightning ...

As students make their way back to campus for the new school year, here’s a refresher on some of the ...

President Julio Frenk and student leaders formally welcome first-year and transfer students to campu ...

Marc Gellman, a University of Miami research associate professor, recounts his experience attending ...

Miami's defensive tackles have traditionally been some of the Hurricanes' best players, wh ...

On the final night of its trip abroad, the Miami men's basketball team defeated LCC Internation ...

Sophomores Brevin Jordan and Will Mallory look to follow in the footsteps of the greats before them ...

Jarren Williams stepped into the spotlight for the first time Tuesday as Miami's starting quart ...

Former Miami soccer player Dalanda Ouendeno is attempting to become the first foreign female pit cre ...