BASEBALL: Canes crush North Carolina, 12-2

The Miami Hurricanes dominated the No. 2-ranked North Carolina Tar Heels at home Thursday night, 12-2.

The Thursday night game, in order to give teams a break before the ACC tournament which begins Wednesday, was completely controlled by Miami, as freshman phenom Chris Hernandez baffled the Tar Heels’ pitching.

North Carolina’s pitching didn’t fare much better, as the Hurricanes tagged starter Alex White for six earned runs over four and a third innings. Overall, all 12 runs scored by the Hurricanes were earned, putting a serious dent in North Carolina’s team ERA.

Stay with The Miami Hurricane for more on this game and the rest of the season.

Matthew Bunch may be contacted at m.bunch@umiami.edu

A day after naming Ephraim Banda and Jonathan Patke co-defensive coordinators, the Miami Hurricanes ...

It doesn’t matter if the number is actually 21 or it’s just what Jeremiah Payton estimates now. Twen ...

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The Hurricanes hosted their annual Football Awards Show Saturday at Gusman Hall, honoring the 2018 S ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...