BASEBALL: Canes crush North Carolina, 12-2

The Miami Hurricanes dominated the No. 2-ranked North Carolina Tar Heels at home Thursday night, 12-2.

The Thursday night game, in order to give teams a break before the ACC tournament which begins Wednesday, was completely controlled by Miami, as freshman phenom Chris Hernandez baffled the Tar Heels’ pitching.

North Carolina’s pitching didn’t fare much better, as the Hurricanes tagged starter Alex White for six earned runs over four and a third innings. Overall, all 12 runs scored by the Hurricanes were earned, putting a serious dent in North Carolina’s team ERA.

Stay with The Miami Hurricane for more on this game and the rest of the season.

Matthew Bunch may be contacted at m.bunch@umiami.edu

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ secondary continues to get stronger. Miami, which already holds a pair of comm ...

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

A fabulous team of staff and volunteers labors long and hard, primed with school spirit, behind the ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

University of Miami head coach Gino DiMare released the Hurricanes' 2019 baseball schedule Thur ...

Senior Dew Weber of the University of Miami golf team continued to march towards her professional go ...

The University of Miami soccer team dropped its ACC road match against NC State, 1-0, Thursday night ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will take part in the ITA Southeast Regional Champion ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team returns to competition this weekend, ...