BASEBALL: Canes crush North Carolina, 12-2

The Miami Hurricanes dominated the No. 2-ranked North Carolina Tar Heels at home Thursday night, 12-2.

The Thursday night game, in order to give teams a break before the ACC tournament which begins Wednesday, was completely controlled by Miami, as freshman phenom Chris Hernandez baffled the Tar Heels’ pitching.

North Carolina’s pitching didn’t fare much better, as the Hurricanes tagged starter Alex White for six earned runs over four and a third innings. Overall, all 12 runs scored by the Hurricanes were earned, putting a serious dent in North Carolina’s team ERA.

Stay with The Miami Hurricane for more on this game and the rest of the season.

Matthew Bunch may be contacted at m.bunch@umiami.edu

University of Miami students and staff were given fellowships and awards that will allow them to pur

University of Miami President Julio Frenk joins ecologist Simon Levin for a webinar that will explor

The Miami Herbert Business School announced that a student-led committee will commission artwork for

A tireless physician who was always on call, Dr. Sayfie made patients partners in their care.

The temporary move to drop standardized testing requirements will hopefully eliminate some of the st