Points of interest at Mark Light Field

What to eat at the games: The Hurricane staff waxes poetic on their favorites

Hot dogs get all the air time when it comes to baseball foods, but you won’t regret getting yourself a Mark Light cheeseburger. The good ol’ burger lets you enjoy a much more diverse flavor, and you can pile it high with onions, tomatoes and (if you’re brave enough) sauerkraut, normally reserved for wieners. Sure, going to the park and getting a “Red Hot” may be part of Americana, but don’t sleep on the delicious Mark Light cheeseburger.

– Matthew Bunch

The chicken fingers combo is a popular item at The Light and one of my favorite foods at the concessions stands. The portion size and quality of the food is much better in comparison to other ballparks. The chicken actually tastes good and the fries are out of this world. It may be what a little kid would eat, but I still enjoy it anyway.

– Alex Kushel

“Rag arm” is what die-hard UM fans chant at opposing pitchers to coax a Hurricanes free pass, but it’s also the best milkshake offered at the food stands. Hot fudge, strawberry toppings and a chocolate and vanilla swirl of ice cream blended together in a large styrofoam cup makes for a refreshing treat during any inning. And it’s easily worth the $4.50 price.

– Corey Erb

Instead of in-person celebrations at Hard Rock Stadium, President Julio Frenk announced that the University of Miami will hold its four observances online because of updated COVID-19 data. ...

The newly chartered Peruvian Students Association seeks to expand its impact and influence beyond campus, supporting protests against education cutbacks in the South American country and connecting students across the United States to their Andean roots. ...

Leyna Stemle found that by attaching green LED lights to fishing nets in Ghana, the illumination was able to divert most of the reptiles from becoming entangled and hurt. ...

As the world observes the 32nd annual World AIDS Day, a University of Miami team is shining a bright light on a neighborhood initiative to curtail the epidemic. ...

With the acquisition of the new instrument and an accompanying nanoindenter, studies at the College of Engineering are entering a new and advanced era of materials characterization. ...