Points of interest at Mark Light Field

What to eat at the games: The Hurricane staff waxes poetic on their favorites

Hot dogs get all the air time when it comes to baseball foods, but you won’t regret getting yourself a Mark Light cheeseburger. The good ol’ burger lets you enjoy a much more diverse flavor, and you can pile it high with onions, tomatoes and (if you’re brave enough) sauerkraut, normally reserved for wieners. Sure, going to the park and getting a “Red Hot” may be part of Americana, but don’t sleep on the delicious Mark Light cheeseburger.

– Matthew Bunch

The chicken fingers combo is a popular item at The Light and one of my favorite foods at the concessions stands. The portion size and quality of the food is much better in comparison to other ballparks. The chicken actually tastes good and the fries are out of this world. It may be what a little kid would eat, but I still enjoy it anyway.

– Alex Kushel

“Rag arm” is what die-hard UM fans chant at opposing pitchers to coax a Hurricanes free pass, but it’s also the best milkshake offered at the food stands. Hot fudge, strawberry toppings and a chocolate and vanilla swirl of ice cream blended together in a large styrofoam cup makes for a refreshing treat during any inning. And it’s easily worth the $4.50 price.

– Corey Erb

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team impressed in its quad-meet Friday af ...

The University of Miami volleyball team (10-6, 6-3 ACC) came up short in an ACC home match for the f ...

Junior averaged 11.4 points and 6.7 rebounds per game last season. ...

University of Miami head coach Gino DiMare released the Hurricanes' 2019 baseball schedule Thur ...