What’s going on?

April 21: MONDAY
Quantum’s second annual Film Festival, a red carpet event open to the public, will begin at 9 p.m. at the Cosford Cinema. Refreshments and desserts will be served afterward.

Watch singers, dancers and musicians perform at UMTV’s talent show competition “Musical Expression,” starting at 7:30 p.m. in Studio C at the School of Communication. Admission is free.

April 22: TUESDAY
Join fellow Canes and surround Lake Osceola at the second annual Hug the Lake event. The “hug” will take place between 12:15 and 12:30 p.m. Sebastian will join in on the fun and food will be served.

April 23: WEDNESDAY
Check out Eaton’s art show and coffee house, displaying student art in the lobby of Eaton Residential College. Student performances will begin at 7:30 p.m. To perform or showcase your work, sign up at Eaton’s front desk before 7:30 p.m.

Quentin Tarantino’s classic “Pulp Fiction” will screen at 8 and 10 p.m. at the Cosford Cinema.

An asynchronous learning model provided an opportunity to create a hands-on process with a three-dimensional approach for a fall class. ...

Claire Paris-Limouzy started freediving for research and ended up becoming a record-breaking athlete who is also spearheading a Scientific Freediving program at the University. ...

Sociology scholars from around the world convened for a virtual conference hosted by the University of Miami on Thursday to explore shifting tendencies in international relocation and the implications for global social change. ...

Lauryn Williams, track and field and bobsled medalist, addressed the University community during Wednesday night’s “What Matters to U” virtual event. ...

During his appearance Tuesday on a webinar hosted by the University of Miami Patti and Allan Herbert Business School, tech mogul Eric Yuan highlighted the importance of a workplace culture of happiness and urged that businesses pay greater attention to the digital divide. ...