SPORTS BRIEFS

BASKEBALL
McClinton to return

The University of Miami men’s basketball team will open the 2008-09 season with guard Jack McClinton running the show. McClinton, an All-ACC First Team selection, announced that he will return to the team for his senior season, forgoing the upcoming National Basketball Association draft.

TRACK AND FIELD
Talley named ACC Perfomer of the Week

After first place performances at the Miami Elite Invitational in the shot put and discus, senior Khadija Talley was selected as the Atlantic Coast Conference’s Performer of the Week. Her throw of 187 feet, four inches in the discus broke the then-standing University of Miami and ACC records.

Men’s Tennis
Hurricanes get set for ACC championships

The University of Miami men’s and women’s tennis programs are set to play in their respective ACC Championships. The No. 11 Hurricanes’ women’s squad is the No. 3 seed and will get a first round bye before facing the winner of No. 6-seeded Florida State and No. 11-seeded Boston College in the second round. The men’s team is a No. 7 seed, and they will take on No. 10-seeded Maryland in the first round. The men will kick things off Thursday, while the women will get things going Friday.

Compiled by Pravin Patel from HurricaneSports.com.

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

The first half of Wednesday night’s game was as lousy as the weather outside the Watsco Center, as t ...

UM coach Manny Diaz took his staff to the Florida Keys on Tuesday evening to visit with famous Keys ...

Dominic Mammarelli didn’t only commit to the Miami Hurricanes because of Mark Richt and his old staf ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The Shelley family shares their story of four generations at the University of Miami. ...

Mark Rowlands, a University of Miami professor who adopted and raised a wolf-dog cub, observed the s ...

The Canes open the 75th season in program history and first under the direction of head coach Gino D ...

The No. 15 Miami women's tennis team is set to open league competition Saturday afternoon with ...

ACC unveils opponents for 20-game conference schedules for next three seasons. ...

Miami tops Clemson 65-64, as Johnson hits game-winner with 0.4 seconds remaining. ...

The Miami women's tennis team ascended two spots in this week's Oracle/ITA team rankings a ...