SPORTS BRIEFS

BASKEBALL
McClinton to return

The University of Miami men’s basketball team will open the 2008-09 season with guard Jack McClinton running the show. McClinton, an All-ACC First Team selection, announced that he will return to the team for his senior season, forgoing the upcoming National Basketball Association draft.

TRACK AND FIELD
Talley named ACC Perfomer of the Week

After first place performances at the Miami Elite Invitational in the shot put and discus, senior Khadija Talley was selected as the Atlantic Coast Conference’s Performer of the Week. Her throw of 187 feet, four inches in the discus broke the then-standing University of Miami and ACC records.

Men’s Tennis
Hurricanes get set for ACC championships

The University of Miami men’s and women’s tennis programs are set to play in their respective ACC Championships. The No. 11 Hurricanes’ women’s squad is the No. 3 seed and will get a first round bye before facing the winner of No. 6-seeded Florida State and No. 11-seeded Boston College in the second round. The men’s team is a No. 7 seed, and they will take on No. 10-seeded Maryland in the first round. The men will kick things off Thursday, while the women will get things going Friday.

Compiled by Pravin Patel from HurricaneSports.com.

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the University of Miami became just the second Hurricanes playe ...

One of the reasons Manny Diaz overhauled his recruiting department when he took over as UM’s coach i ...

Connor McLaughlin never gave much thought to the Miami Hurricanes when he was younger. Even though h ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ 2020 recruiting class continues to grow. Three-star Deerfield Beach wide recei ...

Chaminade-Madonna in Hollywood has produced some distinguished alums, including ESPN (and Miami Hera ...

Academics met at the University of Miami to plan the next phase of a study looking at how journalist ...

Former University of Miami student Elio M. Garcia, Jr. and his wife Linda Antonsson discuss their jo ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are using big data to identify affordable housing opportuniti ...

From office furniture to electronics to kitchen items, the University of Miami sells surplus propert ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are studying zebrafish to understand human genetics and ident ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team dropped the opening set befo ...

Miami track and field punched three more tickets to the 2019 NCAA Outdoor Championships on the final ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team secured her spot in the NCAA ...

Six members of the Miami track and field team earned a spot at the 2019 NCAA Outdoor Championships i ...

Former Miami women's basketball standout Emese Hof will begin her overseas professional career ...