SPORTS BRIEFS

BASKEBALL
McClinton to return

The University of Miami men’s basketball team will open the 2008-09 season with guard Jack McClinton running the show. McClinton, an All-ACC First Team selection, announced that he will return to the team for his senior season, forgoing the upcoming National Basketball Association draft.

TRACK AND FIELD
Talley named ACC Perfomer of the Week

After first place performances at the Miami Elite Invitational in the shot put and discus, senior Khadija Talley was selected as the Atlantic Coast Conference’s Performer of the Week. Her throw of 187 feet, four inches in the discus broke the then-standing University of Miami and ACC records.

Men’s Tennis
Hurricanes get set for ACC championships

The University of Miami men’s and women’s tennis programs are set to play in their respective ACC Championships. The No. 11 Hurricanes’ women’s squad is the No. 3 seed and will get a first round bye before facing the winner of No. 6-seeded Florida State and No. 11-seeded Boston College in the second round. The men’s team is a No. 7 seed, and they will take on No. 10-seeded Maryland in the first round. The men will kick things off Thursday, while the women will get things going Friday.

Compiled by Pravin Patel from HurricaneSports.com.

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...