Miami fair celebrates 57th year

The Miami-Dade County Fair is celebrating its 57th year with 84 acres of attractions.

Whether because of their catchy phrase “The Fair, Be There” or more than 100 rides, the fair is an annual family attraction. With over 700,000 in attendance the Fair exhibits everything from animals and games to music and a rollercoaster.

Designed for all ages, the fair’s management has decided this will be the last year for the rollercoaster. The ride takes more than 20 trailers to transfer and with the increased gas prices this cannot longer be afford.

“The kids love to come and play with the animals and ride the attractions,” said Cintia Perez, a mother of two young children.

The Fair cost $9 dollars and children under five get in free.

With the acquisition of the new instrument and an accompanying nanoindenter, studies at the College of Engineering are entering a new and advanced era of materials characterization. ...

University of Miami researchers applaud the scientific inquiry and access to reliable data that accompanies the legalization of cannabis—as four more states recently approved measures, and federal legislation to decriminalize it continues to progress. ...

The prestigious Pan American Art Projects Gallery will donate 25 percent of a virtual, live event to the University Libraries’ parcel. ...

Members of the University of Miami community share their ideas on how to persevere during the pandemic. ...

University and celebrity musicians will participate in a benefit concert on Thanksgiving Day to support the nonprofit organization Nurse Heroes Foundation. ...