SPORTS BRIEFS

College Basketball
Miami to host High School All-American game

The BankUnited Center will host the 2009 McDonald’s High School All-American game, bringing talented high school players and television crews to campus.

The game, which began in 1977, brings together the best high school players in the country to participate in an all-star game. Women players began participating in the game in 2002.

Since 1978, only one team has won a national championship without having a McDonald’s High School All-American on their team (Maryland, 2002).

Baseball
DiNatale named Muscle Milk Athlete of the Week

The Hurricanes announced last week that junior outfielder Dave DiNatale was named the Muscle Milk Athlete of the Week for the week of March 31.

During Miami’s five games during that stretch, DiNatale hit .471 with three home runs and 11 RBI’s. In Miami’s 16-7 win over FAU on April 1, he went 4-for-5 with a home run, two doubles and two runs scored. He set personal bests in hits (4) and RBI (5).

Compiled by Matthew Bunch from HurricaneSports.com.

It could be a fruitful year for the Miami Hurricanes in the 2019 NFL Draft. NFL Draft analyst Mel Ki ...

A quick six-pack off UM coach Manny Diaz’s conversation with Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey Jr. on WQAM’ ...

UM was very fortunate that junior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud a ...

Hard Rock Stadium will be filled with Miami fans — and probably only Miami fans — when the two colle ...

They made school history on Sunday with a nationally-televised road upset of No. 2 Louisville, and o ...

UM public health experts try to help tackle Venezuela’s ongoing health care crisis. ...

The Ring Theatre’s contemporary reworking of Molière’s “The Misanthrope” showcases the skills of UM’ ...

Miami Law’s Frances Hill answers key questions about the National Emergencies Act. ...

Researcher Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer is leading a study aimed at increasing the number of kids who ar ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

The Hurricanes will wrap up a four-game homestand with a midweek game against FAU on Wednesday at 6 ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set to cap its longest road stretch of the season T ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami golf team closed out the 2019 Allstate Sugar Bowl Intercollegi ...

The University of Miami swimming & diving team begins its run at the 2019 ACC Swimming & Div ...

For the second week in a row, the Miami women's basketball team made the largest leap of any sc ...