SPORTS BRIEFS

College Basketball
Miami to host High School All-American game

The BankUnited Center will host the 2009 McDonald’s High School All-American game, bringing talented high school players and television crews to campus.

The game, which began in 1977, brings together the best high school players in the country to participate in an all-star game. Women players began participating in the game in 2002.

Since 1978, only one team has won a national championship without having a McDonald’s High School All-American on their team (Maryland, 2002).

Baseball
DiNatale named Muscle Milk Athlete of the Week

The Hurricanes announced last week that junior outfielder Dave DiNatale was named the Muscle Milk Athlete of the Week for the week of March 31.

During Miami’s five games during that stretch, DiNatale hit .471 with three home runs and 11 RBI’s. In Miami’s 16-7 win over FAU on April 1, he went 4-for-5 with a home run, two doubles and two runs scored. He set personal bests in hits (4) and RBI (5).

Compiled by Matthew Bunch from HurricaneSports.com.

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

NASPA names UM as a Lead Advisory Institution for the seventh year in a row. ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

The 1983 national champions will be back on campus to celebrate the 35thanniversary of Miami's ...

Junior Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team opened the 2018 fall campaign fo ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will return to the courts Friday morning, opening up ...

The University of Miami soccer team fell to 12th-ranked Duke, 2-0, Thursday night in front a packed ...

The University of Miami volleyball program begins ACC play on Friday night against Wake Forest at 7 ...