SPORTS BRIEFS

College Basketball
Miami to host High School All-American game

The BankUnited Center will host the 2009 McDonald’s High School All-American game, bringing talented high school players and television crews to campus.

The game, which began in 1977, brings together the best high school players in the country to participate in an all-star game. Women players began participating in the game in 2002.

Since 1978, only one team has won a national championship without having a McDonald’s High School All-American on their team (Maryland, 2002).

Baseball
DiNatale named Muscle Milk Athlete of the Week

The Hurricanes announced last week that junior outfielder Dave DiNatale was named the Muscle Milk Athlete of the Week for the week of March 31.

During Miami’s five games during that stretch, DiNatale hit .471 with three home runs and 11 RBI’s. In Miami’s 16-7 win over FAU on April 1, he went 4-for-5 with a home run, two doubles and two runs scored. He set personal bests in hits (4) and RBI (5).

Compiled by Matthew Bunch from HurricaneSports.com.

With the acquisition of the new instrument and an accompanying nanoindenter, studies at the College of Engineering are entering a new and advanced era of materials characterization. ...

University of Miami researchers applaud the scientific inquiry and access to reliable data that accompanies the legalization of cannabis—as four more states recently approved measures, and federal legislation to decriminalize it continues to progress. ...

The prestigious Pan American Art Projects Gallery will donate 25 percent of a virtual, live event to the University Libraries’ parcel. ...

Members of the University of Miami community share their ideas on how to persevere during the pandemic. ...

University and celebrity musicians will participate in a benefit concert on Thanksgiving Day to support the nonprofit organization Nurse Heroes Foundation. ...