MEN’S BASKETBALL: McClinton to stay for senior season

Jack McClinton will return to the Hurricanes for his senior season, affirming what many had assumed since the end of Miami’s season in the second round of the NCAA tournament.
McClinton, named a member of the All-ACC first team this season, declined entering the NBA draft in order to play his final season of NCAA eligibility.
“Jack is the heart and soul of this team,” head coach Frank Haith said in a statement. “He is a tremendous young man with an unmatched work ethic, who has just worked incredibly hard for everything he has achieved. There is no question we are a much better team with Jack McClinton on the court, and I truly believe he is one of the most talented and dedicated players in all of Division I basketball.”
McClinton scored 17.7 points per game last season, leading the league in three-point field goals per game and free throw percentage. He is the only All-ACC first team selection who was also named to the All-ACC Academic team.
The Hurricanes lose five seniors, but return their top five scorers. Miami has been ranked in the top-20 by ESPN.com, FoxSports.com and CBS sports, based on the assumption that McClinton would return.

Matthew Bunch may be contacted at m.bunch@umiami.edu.

The University of Miami student publications were recognized with multiple awards by the Society for

Hoping to ease hurdles for students to apply to master’s and doctoral programs, a new policy will re

Immunologist Natasa Strbo and her team are using their work on vaccines for HIV, malaria, and Zika t

Xavier Cortada leads the Miami Corona Project, an art program presented as part of the University of

University of Miami Libraries has launched Documenting COVID-19: South Florida’s Pandemic Experience