MEN’S BASKETBALL: McClinton to stay for senior season

Jack McClinton will return to the Hurricanes for his senior season, affirming what many had assumed since the end of Miami’s season in the second round of the NCAA tournament.
McClinton, named a member of the All-ACC first team this season, declined entering the NBA draft in order to play his final season of NCAA eligibility.
“Jack is the heart and soul of this team,” head coach Frank Haith said in a statement. “He is a tremendous young man with an unmatched work ethic, who has just worked incredibly hard for everything he has achieved. There is no question we are a much better team with Jack McClinton on the court, and I truly believe he is one of the most talented and dedicated players in all of Division I basketball.”
McClinton scored 17.7 points per game last season, leading the league in three-point field goals per game and free throw percentage. He is the only All-ACC first team selection who was also named to the All-ACC Academic team.
The Hurricanes lose five seniors, but return their top five scorers. Miami has been ranked in the top-20 by ESPN.com, FoxSports.com and CBS sports, based on the assumption that McClinton would return.

Matthew Bunch may be contacted at m.bunch@umiami.edu.

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

George Stewart had a big problem, and little time to solve it. It was Week 6 of the 2018 season, and ...

One of the interesting subplots of this Hurricanes season will be watching the evolution of a bunch ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ Coach Manny Diaz said the quarterback race among Ta ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

Varona, an attorney and educator who specializes in administrative law, communications and media law ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...

Courtney spent nine years previously on Jim Larranaga's staff from 1996-2005. ...

The University of Miami track and field program received 17 All-America honors at the conclusion of ...