MEN’S BASKETBALL: McClinton to stay for senior season

Jack McClinton will return to the Hurricanes for his senior season, affirming what many had assumed since the end of Miami’s season in the second round of the NCAA tournament.
McClinton, named a member of the All-ACC first team this season, declined entering the NBA draft in order to play his final season of NCAA eligibility.
“Jack is the heart and soul of this team,” head coach Frank Haith said in a statement. “He is a tremendous young man with an unmatched work ethic, who has just worked incredibly hard for everything he has achieved. There is no question we are a much better team with Jack McClinton on the court, and I truly believe he is one of the most talented and dedicated players in all of Division I basketball.”
McClinton scored 17.7 points per game last season, leading the league in three-point field goals per game and free throw percentage. He is the only All-ACC first team selection who was also named to the All-ACC Academic team.
The Hurricanes lose five seniors, but return their top five scorers. Miami has been ranked in the top-20 by ESPN.com, FoxSports.com and CBS sports, based on the assumption that McClinton would return.

Matthew Bunch may be contacted at m.bunch@umiami.edu.

Seniors Emily Gossett, Millie Chokshi, and Jason Kaplan are eager to implement their platform throug ...

Follow the sights and sounds of the pregame festivities in Orlando leading up to Saturday’s big game ...

A team of researchers created the first mapping model of its kind to track how hate spreads and adap ...

University of Miami professors who study water treatment and civil engineering say that water contam ...

University of Miami experts in health geography, law, and public health weigh in on some of the issu ...

The Hurricanes take center stage Saturday as the nation begins celebrating college football's 1 ...

Head coach Manny Diaz and The New Miami will make their debut against an old rival, facing No. 8 Flo ...

Freshman midfielder Ine Østmo joined the Hurricanes in January as an early enrolee from Mandal, Norw ...

Senior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Michael Pinckney and Zach McCloud have already made history ...

UM women's soccer opened its 2019 campaign by blowing past UTRGV, 4-0. ...