MEN’S BASKETBALL: McClinton to stay for senior season

Jack McClinton will return to the Hurricanes for his senior season, affirming what many had assumed since the end of Miami’s season in the second round of the NCAA tournament.
McClinton, named a member of the All-ACC first team this season, declined entering the NBA draft in order to play his final season of NCAA eligibility.
“Jack is the heart and soul of this team,” head coach Frank Haith said in a statement. “He is a tremendous young man with an unmatched work ethic, who has just worked incredibly hard for everything he has achieved. There is no question we are a much better team with Jack McClinton on the court, and I truly believe he is one of the most talented and dedicated players in all of Division I basketball.”
McClinton scored 17.7 points per game last season, leading the league in three-point field goals per game and free throw percentage. He is the only All-ACC first team selection who was also named to the All-ACC Academic team.
The Hurricanes lose five seniors, but return their top five scorers. Miami has been ranked in the top-20 by ESPN.com, FoxSports.com and CBS sports, based on the assumption that McClinton would return.

Matthew Bunch may be contacted at m.bunch@umiami.edu.

With remarks by entrepreneur and alumnus Rony Abovitz, a recent event at the Kislak Center showcased ...

A UM student retention task force is working to ensure that all first-year students feel at home. ...

A new School of Nursing and Health Studies’ initiative delivers critical health care for Miami’s hom ...

As part of the Leadership UMiami program, students heard from community leaders who spend their care ...

Miller School of Medicine doctors are providing assistance on Great Abaco Island, where survivors of ...

With an Olympic year on the horizon, former Canes star Lauryn Williams reflects on an incredible car ...

The Miami women's basketball staff just got stronger with the addition of former Hurricane stan ...

The University of Miami football program announced Sunday that it has accepted a bid to the 2019 Wal ...

Greg Rousseau was one of Miami's breakout players this year and will be honored Friday night in ...

The first-year and redshirt players in Miami's developmental training program have spent months ...