Don’t keep giving out free milk

Dear Hurriqueen,

I’ve been talking to this guy online for about two weeks and we ended up getting hot and heavy over the phone. I’m not really into phone sex, but it was really hot. Now he isn’t returning my calls or texts and I feel used. We had good conversations and I truly enjoyed flirting and getting to know one another before. I don’t want to be needy so I stopped calling and I haven’t heard from him. Did he get what he wanted and scram? What do I do?

~ Trying Not to be Desperate

Dear Trying Not to be Desperate,

My grandma might argue there’s nothing more foolish than having sex with a man on the first date, but I think your question brings the foolishness to a whole new level. There’s a good ol’ cliché of a question that highlights my point: Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?

If you’re not catching my drift, let me spell it out for you: Telephone poon tang boy is looking for some milk. And you’re the hot mess of a cow, squirting that stuff out from one cell phone to the next. To the dude on the receiving end, he’s getting exactly what he wanted without having to lift a finger – well, almost.

He probably didn’t call you back because he had no incentive to do so. And though he may have gotten thirsty in the days following your conversation, he likely felt too embarrassed to attempt something normal with someone he got off with on a telephone. Or maybe all of your phone calls and texts scared him. But what if he has a girlfriend? He could have lost his cell phone, too.

We could continue speculating, but at some point you’ve got to throw the dirty tissue in the garbage, move on, and search MySpace for a new phone buddy. right?

Wrong! You must realize that not only should you stop obsessing over this call-and-run fella, but that you need to ask yourself why you had phone sex with a stranger in the first place.

If phone sex is your usual way of getting sexual attention from men, it would appear as though you should take some time for evaluation. Ask yourself, is this the type of interaction I want with men? Do I deserve more than moaning into a telephone?

Really sweetie, I hope the answer is yes, in which case here’s my advice: stop settling. Get off the Internet, put the phone down, and open yourself up to the idea of meeting a person in the flesh.

Keep me updated.

XOXO,
The Hurriqueen.

Send responses and questions to hurriqueen@gmail.com.

University of Miami athletic director Blake James has no intention of pressuring or forcing coach Ma ...

He’s certainly not a veteran, but for the first time in his college football career, redshirt freshm ...

This November feels a lot more like March for the 24th-ranked University of Miami women’s basketball ...

For a month at a time, Louis Hedley would find himself in the deserts of Australia. His chances at m ...

It has been a trying season for college football fans of two Sunshine State programs: Florida State ...

UM Professor of Law Frances R. Hill tells us what we should know. ...

An international study led by University of Miami tropical biologists reveals that tropical trees ar ...

UM’s robotics team recently obtained a new robot with the goal of helping aging individuals. ...

New student organization’s mission is a movement to return to the ‘roots’ of natural hair. ...

A University of Miami professor discusses the dynamics of this trend. ...

N'Kosi Perry wants to build off his showing at Georgia Tech with another strong performance thi ...

University of Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce the s ...

Isaiah Wong and Anthony Walker will join Canes for 2019-20 season. ...

Three University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes – Adria Soriano Barrera, Bojan Jankulov ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team checks in at seventh in the country in ...