What’s going on?

April 10: THURSDAY
Patio Jams will feature the UM R&B Ensemble, a student music group, from noon to 1:30 p.m. on the UC Patio.

The College of Engineering Distinguished Speaker Series will feature William P. Murphy, founder of the medical instrument company Cordis Corporation and an inventor holding 17 patents, from noon to 1 p.m. in room 202 of the McArthur Engineering Annex.

April 11: FRIDAY
Don’t miss Movies on the Green, screening “Transformers” and “I Am Legend” on the University Green, from 8 to 11:45 p.m. For more information, call 305-284-5500.

April 12: SATURDAY
Come watch a Japanese Masters Film Festival movie called “Ugetsu” at 5:30 p.m. in Cosford Cinema. Free for UM students with a Cane Card.

Join Phi Mu Alpha for their “All American Concert,” featuring rock, classical and comedy songs, in the Fillmore Hall at 8:30 p.m.

April 13: SUNDAY
“Sansho The Bailiff” will show at 4 p.m. as part of the Japanese Masters Film Festival, in Cosford Cinema. Free for UM students with a Cane Card.

Instead of in-person celebrations at Hard Rock Stadium, President Julio Frenk announced that the University of Miami will hold its four observances online because of updated COVID-19 data. ...

The newly chartered Peruvian Students Association seeks to expand its impact and influence beyond campus, supporting protests against education cutbacks in the South American country and connecting students across the United States to their Andean roots. ...

Leyna Stemle found that by attaching green LED lights to fishing nets in Ghana, the illumination was able to divert most of the reptiles from becoming entangled and hurt. ...

As the world observes the 32nd annual World AIDS Day, a University of Miami team is shining a bright light on a neighborhood initiative to curtail the epidemic. ...

With the acquisition of the new instrument and an accompanying nanoindenter, studies at the College of Engineering are entering a new and advanced era of materials characterization. ...