Quesadilla café spices up CocoWalk

Thursday nights at the Grove typically end with a rendezvous to a local pizzeria, in which dozens of students empty their wallets for a slice of pizza. There is an alternative, however, and it consists of 27 healthy and trans fat-free options that will undoubtedly quench your fourth meal hunger. Make way for the future of late-night munchies: gourmet quesadillas at the International Quesadilla Company.

With a friendly staff, cozy outdoor seating and low prices, IQ will surely have you coming back for more. Located on the second floor of CocoWalk, IQ (formerly known as Mari Nalli) is the perfect addition to the lively Coconut Grove. The jazz music and patio style seating stir up an ambience that is relaxing and soothing. And though it is seemingly fast food, the gourmet café is actually devoid of any microwaves, toaster ovens, or deep fryers; rather, a conventional oven creates delicious quesadillas within minutes. Unfortunately, the ingredient mixtures are premade so there are no substitutions.

IQ is a novel and modern twist on an old-school delight that is ideal for a friendly lunch or even a stomach-filler before Thursday night kicks off. At extremely affordable prices, the well-portioned and whole-wheat quesadillas vary in international flavors, such as the Beijing Chicken, which is served with a special peanut sauce alongside carrots, cabbages and bean sprouts.

The restaurant is also vegetarian-friendly, with a section of their menu dedicated to non-meat lovers. The Quatro Formaggio, with its mouth-watering mix of melted mozzarella cheese and sun-dried tomatoes, is highly recommended Each order is also accompanied by a side dish, such as guacamole, sour cream, salad, soup or chips. The homemade Dulce de Leche, drenched over a warm crisp churro, is an absolute boon to the taste buds too. Lastly, don’t miss out Monday, April 14, which is IQ’s buy one, get one free quesadilla day.

An alternative to the ordinary, try this new favorite that is truly extraordinary.

Shawn Shah may be contacted at s.shah13@umiami.edu, and Menaka Dhand may be contacted at m.dhand@umiami.edu.

June is a huge recruiting month for the Miami Hurricanes. It concludes with Paradise Camp on June 22 ...

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

George Stewart had a big problem, and little time to solve it. It was Week 6 of the 2018 season, and ...

One of the interesting subplots of this Hurricanes season will be watching the evolution of a bunch ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

Varona, an attorney and educator who specializes in administrative law, communications and media law ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...

Courtney spent nine years previously on Jim Larranaga's staff from 1996-2005. ...

The University of Miami track and field program received 17 All-America honors at the conclusion of ...