Lowe Art Museum to honor students, faculty at preview event

The Lowe Art Museum will honor students and faculty at the Lowe Exhibition Preview starting tomorrow. At the exhibition, there will be an awards ceremony and the announcement of the Master of Fine Arts candidates.

Guest speaker J. Tomás López, a professor in the Department of Art and Art History, is this year’s exhibiting faculty member. His display, titled The Metro Series, represents subway commuters in six cities worldwide: New York, Rome, Barcelona, London, Paris and Madrid. Lopez spent two years working on the project.

“This exhibition is aimed at students primarily and photography lovers,” said Denise Gerson, associate director at the Lowe.

The event lecture is sponsored by the Werner and Marie Stiefel Family Endowment, the Fedor Family Endowment and the Linnie E. Dalbeck Memorial Foundation Trust.

The Exhibition Preview is set for Friday, April 11 from 7 to 10 p.m. The artist lecture will be featured from 7 to 8 p.m., and the reception will be from 8 to 10 p.m. The event is free and open to the public.

– Kendra Zdravkovic

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

If there was one freshman the Miami Hurricanes knew would have to help entering the season, Brevin J ...

Not only has Gerald Willis been one of the best stories of the Miami Hurricanes’ season, he has also ...

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that global pressures are makin ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

Dr. Ralph Sacco, a top neurologist and researcher at the University of Miami Miller School of Medici ...

U.S. Congresswoman and Chairman Emerita of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs Ileana Ros-Lehtine ...

Nearly 400 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service da ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...