BASEBALL: Friday’s Miami-Georgia Tech game postponed

The Friday night game between Miami and the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets was postponed Friday afternoon, after Gerogia Tech junior pitcher Michael Hutts was found dead.
Hutts, 21, of Dunwoody, Ga., was a junior in the Georgia Tech College of Management. In nine appearances in 2008, he pitched 10.2 innings with a 3.38 ERA.
Saturday and Sunday’s games are expected to be played as planned.

UPDATE APRIL 12 3:45 A.M.
Friday night’s game will be moved to Saturday at 3 p.m. Game two will be played as scheduled at 7 p.m.
Saturday night’s game and Sunday’s 1 p.m. game will be telecast on CSS (Channel 63 in Coral Gables).

Matthew Bunch may be contacted at m.bunch@umiami.edu.

It wasn’t long ago when the Miami Hurricanes’ Class of 2020 included the top three rising senior pro ...

Six new Hurricanes football players arrived on campus and began classes Monday, a group including a ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Championship schedule is set. The No. 4 seed Miami Hurricanes ...

The first regular season of Gino DiMare’s head-coaching era ended Saturday at Mark Light Field. But ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ hopes for hosting an NCAA regional were damaged a bit on Friday night by a 12- ...

Imagine simulating diabetes, lung cancer, or heart disease on a device no larger than a credit card. ...

Alabama’s new abortion law puts the issue of women’s rights in the spotlight for the upcoming 2020 e ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Researchers from 16 Latin American and Caribbean countries, hosted by the Institute for the Advanced ...

Four Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the Atlantic Coast Conference Monday for their ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team started her NCAA Singles Cha ...

The Barcelona, Spain, native caps his sophomore campaign with a team-high 21 singles wins. ...

The University of Miami track and field program garnered 20 entries in the 2019 NCAA East Preliminar ...

Miami's schedule features seven matches against teams that reached the NCAA Championship. ...