BASEBALL: Friday’s Miami-Georgia Tech game postponed

The Friday night game between Miami and the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets was postponed Friday afternoon, after Gerogia Tech junior pitcher Michael Hutts was found dead.
Hutts, 21, of Dunwoody, Ga., was a junior in the Georgia Tech College of Management. In nine appearances in 2008, he pitched 10.2 innings with a 3.38 ERA.
Saturday and Sunday’s games are expected to be played as planned.

UPDATE APRIL 12 3:45 A.M.
Friday night’s game will be moved to Saturday at 3 p.m. Game two will be played as scheduled at 7 p.m.
Saturday night’s game and Sunday’s 1 p.m. game will be telecast on CSS (Channel 63 in Coral Gables).

Matthew Bunch may be contacted at m.bunch@umiami.edu.

As the novel coronavirus continues to force people inside, movie theaters across the globe have clos ...

Richard Myers, a senior lecturer in the Miller School of Medicine, offers tips and best practices on ...

Offered this fall, the Master of Science in Data Science will tailor its curriculum for multiple fie ...

In the wake of measures instituted to stop the spread of the pandemic across the globe, emission lev ...

A University of Miami cybersecurity lecturer provides a few tips to ensure a positive and safe compu ...