BASEBALL: Friday’s Miami-Georgia Tech game postponed

The Friday night game between Miami and the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets was postponed Friday afternoon, after Gerogia Tech junior pitcher Michael Hutts was found dead.
Hutts, 21, of Dunwoody, Ga., was a junior in the Georgia Tech College of Management. In nine appearances in 2008, he pitched 10.2 innings with a 3.38 ERA.
Saturday and Sunday’s games are expected to be played as planned.

UPDATE APRIL 12 3:45 A.M.
Friday night’s game will be moved to Saturday at 3 p.m. Game two will be played as scheduled at 7 p.m.
Saturday night’s game and Sunday’s 1 p.m. game will be telecast on CSS (Channel 63 in Coral Gables).

Matthew Bunch may be contacted at m.bunch@umiami.edu.

Former University of Miami star running back Mark Walton was arrested late Friday on a charge of mis ...

Friday was strange for Gino DiMare. It wasn’t because his whole family went out to the mound at Alex ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The sophomore first baseman slugged his second homer of the weekend to lead the Canes to a series wi ...

The University of Miami baseball team opened the Gino DiMare era with a record-setting victory over ...

The University of Miami women's swimming team put together 14 lifetime bests Saturday at its an ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...