BASEBALL: Friday’s Miami-Georgia Tech game postponed

The Friday night game between Miami and the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets was postponed Friday afternoon, after Gerogia Tech junior pitcher Michael Hutts was found dead.
Hutts, 21, of Dunwoody, Ga., was a junior in the Georgia Tech College of Management. In nine appearances in 2008, he pitched 10.2 innings with a 3.38 ERA.
Saturday and Sunday’s games are expected to be played as planned.

UPDATE APRIL 12 3:45 A.M.
Friday night’s game will be moved to Saturday at 3 p.m. Game two will be played as scheduled at 7 p.m.
Saturday night’s game and Sunday’s 1 p.m. game will be telecast on CSS (Channel 63 in Coral Gables).

Matthew Bunch may be contacted at m.bunch@umiami.edu.

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

A new batch of evidence presented Monday at the college basketball trial in New York seems to furthe ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

A grant from the German government will support a series of roundtable and networking sessions on U. ...

As BioNIUM’s new director, the chair of the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology plans t ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

Dr. Ralph Sacco, a top neurologist and researcher at the University of Miami Miller School of Medici ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...