BASEBALL: Hurricane baseball ranked No. 1

The University of Miami’s baseball team was ranked No. 1 by multiple polls Monday after completing a three-game sweep of conference rival Clemson.
The Canes were ranked No. 1 by the USA Today/ ESPN, Baseball America, Rivals.com and National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association polls released Monday. It is the first time since the 2004 season that Miami (26-2, 12-1 ACC) has earned a No. 1 ranking in any poll. It’s the first time since the team entered the Atlantic Coast Conference.
The Hurricanes are off to their best start of the Jim Morris era, and the second best start of all time – the 1981 Hurricanes started off 39-3.
Rival Florida State University rose to the No. 2 position. Miami will travel to Tallahassee to meet the Seminoles in two weeks time, after traveling to Georgia Tech this weekend. Miami will welcome Florida Gulf Coast University Tuesday and Florida Atlantic University Wednesday. Both games start at 7 p.m.

Matthew Bunch may be contacted at m.bunch@umiami.edu.

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

As bleak as it seems now for the University of Miami, the Canes can still take a repeat trip to Char ...

A half dozen takeaways from UM’s demoralizing 16-13 loss at Virginia on Saturday: ▪ As was the case ...

So, who’s the quarterback now? The No. 16 Miami Hurricanes came to Charlottesville on Saturday with ...

Home Truth, the story of Jessica Lenahan’s pursuit of more effective domestic violence laws, screene ...

Members of the UM community who want to donate to relief efforts for those impacted by Hurricanes Mi ...

The University of Miami’s Model UN is working to expand its membership and reputation with its first ...

During a keynote address at a conference in Los Angeles, entrepreneurial heavyweight Magic Leap anno ...

A colorless, odorless gas used by a UM scientist to study ocean currents helps save his vision. ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...

The Canes have won five straight games and are 2-0 in the ACC, but they know they have a tough road ...