BASEBALL: Hurricane baseball ranked No. 1

The University of Miami’s baseball team was ranked No. 1 by multiple polls Monday after completing a three-game sweep of conference rival Clemson.
The Canes were ranked No. 1 by the USA Today/ ESPN, Baseball America, Rivals.com and National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association polls released Monday. It is the first time since the 2004 season that Miami (26-2, 12-1 ACC) has earned a No. 1 ranking in any poll. It’s the first time since the team entered the Atlantic Coast Conference.
The Hurricanes are off to their best start of the Jim Morris era, and the second best start of all time – the 1981 Hurricanes started off 39-3.
Rival Florida State University rose to the No. 2 position. Miami will travel to Tallahassee to meet the Seminoles in two weeks time, after traveling to Georgia Tech this weekend. Miami will welcome Florida Gulf Coast University Tuesday and Florida Atlantic University Wednesday. Both games start at 7 p.m.

Matthew Bunch may be contacted at m.bunch@umiami.edu.

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ secondary continues to get stronger. Miami, which already holds a pair of comm ...

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

A fabulous team of staff and volunteers labors long and hard, primed with school spirit, behind the ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The global exploration, media, and education company will kick off a national campaign at UM to offe ...

University of Miami head coach Gino DiMare released the Hurricanes' 2019 baseball schedule Thur ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will take part in the ITA Southeast Regional Champion ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team returns to competition this weekend, ...

The University of Miami volleyball team is set to host Clemson and Georgia Tech in the first of four ...

Four members of the Miami women's tennis team will take part in the ITA Southeast Regional Cham ...