BASEBALL: Canes’ winning streak snapped by FAU, 6-1

Florida Atlantic University snapped Miami’s 14-game winning streak Wednesday, dominating the Canes at home, 6-3.
Michael Obradovich of FAU (19-11), went eight innings while giving up one run and leaving two baserunners who came around to score. Glen Troyanowski came in to close out the game.
A furious comeback by Miami (27-3) failed, as left fielder Dave DiNatale, who hit a game-winning home run the night before, struck out swinging with the bases loaded.

Matthew Bunch may be contacted at m.bunch@umiami.edu.

A University of Miami political scientist weighs in on whether election polls can be trusted given what occurred in 2016 and again last year. ...

A professor in the School of Communication, and an expert on the history of television sitcoms, writes about the 50th anniversary of “All in the Family.” ...

The former executive vice president and provost served from 1986 to 2005, elevating the University’s stature as a leading research institution. ...

The Hemispheric University Consortium is connecting universities and students for critical conversations focused on solving some of the world’s most pressing problems, such as climate change. ...

Experts say creativity and kindness can help make the most of this challenging holiday season. ...