SPORTS BRIEFS

Women’s Track and Field

Brown earns ACC honor

The Miami Hurricanes’ Ti’erra Brown was selected as the Atlantic Coast Conference Outdoor Track and Field Co-Performer of the Week. Brown earned the honor after running the nation’s fastest 400-meter hurdles time for the second consecutive week.

Women’s Basketball

Reid to participate in three-point contest

Despite the end of her season, senior guard Maurita Reid will be competing Thursday in the 20th annual Three-Point Shootout. The event takes place in conjunction with the NCAA’s Final Four at St. Mary’s University of Texas.

Reid finished the 2007-08 season second in the ACC with 76 three pointers. She ended her Miami career second all-time in three pointers made, 11 behind Desma Thomas (1992-1997).

The competition will air Thursday at 9 p.m. on ESPN (Channel 34 on campus).

Women’s Tennis

Yaroshuk-Tews inducted to Hall of Fame

Paige Yaroshuk-Tews was recently inducted into the Dade County Tennis Hall of Fame. Yaroshuk-Tews is in her seventh season as the head coach of the University of Miami women’s tennis team, and she is three wins away from being the school’s all-time winningest tennis coach. Yaroshuk-Tews was a four-year letter winner at UCLA, where she earned All-American honors twice in both singles and doubles.

Swimming and Diving

Ross earns Muscle Milk honor

University of Miami sophomore diver Reuben Ross was selected as the Muscle Milk Student-Athlete of the Week for this past week. The honor comes after Ross won the NCAA title in the three-meter platform event and earned All-American honors for his fourth-place finish in the platform event and sixth-place finish in the one-meter event.

Information compiled by Pravin Patel from hurricanesports.com.

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

The No. 21 University of Miami and FIU have met twice in football. But, oh, what a history they have ...

When University of Miami star safety Jaquan Johnson, thought by many to be the best player on the te ...

University of Miami backup tailback DeeJay Dallas, who had his first career 100-yard rushing game Sa ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Listeners to UM President Julio Frenk’s State of the U reacted positively to the message and the Uni ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Tropical storm scientists and climate experts at the University of Miami provided insight, observati ...

Joseph Ganitsky, a professor in the Miami Business School, examines the financial crisis facing Arge ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...

The University of Miami women's golf team concluded Sunday with a sixth-place finish at the 35t ...

The University of Miami golf team is in sixth after the first two rounds of play at the 35th annual ...