SPORTS BRIEFS

ROWING

Season opens at Central Florida

The Miami Hurricanes rowing team opened their 2008 season Saturday at the University of Central Florida. Miami’s Varsity Four team of Molly Thornton and Karalyn Van Aken, bow Courtney Guy, stroke Julianne Parker and coxswain Ana Cristina Mantilla beat UCF by nearly six seconds. The Knights bested Miami in both Varsity Eight races held.

The team will now travel to Michigan for a race against Indiana and Notre Dame in East Lansing before traveling to Ypsilanti to face host Eastern Michigan.

SOCCER

Schedule set for 2008

The University of Miami women’s soccer program recently announced their 2008 schedule. The Hurricanes will play a 20-game schedule that includes 12 games against teams that reached the NCAA tournament last season and eight who finished in the NCAA’s final top-25 poll. Of the 20 games, half will be non-conference, while the other half will be ACC games. The Hurricanes will open the season Aug. 22 at Stetson.

Compiled by Pravin Patel and Mathew Bunch from hurricanesports.com.

The Asa Martin era for the Miami Hurricanes might be coming to an end just six months after it began ...

Avantae Williams and Lorenzo Lingard punctuated Paradise Camp with a chest bump. The Miami Hurricane ...

Sebastian the Ibis of the University of Miami displayed tremendous defense in leading the Pizza Hut ...

June is one of the most important months in the recruiting calendar and the Miami Hurricanes finishe ...

A six-pack of notes from UM’s annual Paradise Camp on Saturday: ▪ Few Canes greats have as unique a ...

Alumna Lauren Crotty reflects on her undergraduate experience and the path that lead her to signing ...

The U.S. women’s national soccer team, competing for the World Cup in France, is entrenched in a cou ...

In the first course of its kind on a college campus, faculty, staff, and students will learn if they ...

University of Miami Libraries is working to establish a University archive of LGBTQ materials. ...

University of Miami football players and coaches mentored area youth at a free football clinic in Ho ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team earned All-ACC Academic Team distinction, as anno ...

Eight Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the conference with selections to the Track an ...

UM forward Dewan Hernandez was selected 59th overall by the Toronto Raptors in the 2019 NBA Draft. ...

Franco Aubone and Francisco Bastias of the University of Miami men's tennis team were selected ...

The ACC Network is set to launch August 22. If your television provider hasn't yet decided to c ...