MEN’S DIVING: Ross wins national championship

Sophomore Reuben Ross held onto an early lead in the three-meter springboard to win the national championship, the school’s 26th diving title at the King County Aquatic Center in Federal Way, Wa.

Ross solidified his first championship with a fifth dive mark of 91.80 to fend off Georgia senior Chris Colwill. Colwill won the one-meter springboard event the day before. Ross also earned All-American status in that event with a sixth place finish.

Ross’s victory marks Miami’s 22nd men’s title all-time and the first since Imre Lengyel won the 10-meter platform in 2002. The last three-meter winner was Tyce Routson back in 1997.

Just last week, female diver Brittany Viola won a national championship in the 10-meter platform event, the school’s first diving title of any kind since Lengyel’s win in 2002.

Miami’s other competitor at the championships, freshman J.J. Kinzbach, failed to make the cut with a 274.95 in his best event, the 10-meter platform. Two weeks ago Kinzbach won the event at the NCAA Zone B Championships.

To see more on Brittany Viola’s win last week, click here.

Christina De Nicola may be contacted at c.denicola@umiami.edu.

TikTok’s rapid rise in popularity presents a business opportunity, as well as concerns about privacy ...

Miller School of Medicine professor JoNell Potter testifies before a Congressional subcommittee on h ...

A Fall Commencement speaker encourages graduates to “drink in the eternal foundation of happiness” b ...

As more hazardous hurricanes affect more disadvantaged populations, climate and public health expert ...

University of Miami atmospheric scientist Elliot Atlas is part of a NASA-funded project studying how ...

RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.hurricanesports.com/rss.aspx. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.