Lifting the invisibility cloak in Uganda

Students at the University of Miami may feel no connection to Uganda, but one organization is trying to change that.

The Invisible Children organization, which became an official club Monday, is trying to inform students about the abduction and treatment of child soldiers in Uganda.

They had their first general meeting last Monday, the initial step in spreading their message of stopping child abduction in Uganda – an issue that organization members think is being overlooked.

To continue to spread the word, the organization will be hosting the following events:

March 31: Screening of short films in I-Lounge, 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.

April 1: Screening of short films in Pearson, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.

April 4: Invisible Children screening in I-Lounge, 5:00 – 6:00 p.m.

April 3: Screening of short films in Eaton, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.

April 9: I-Week screening of “Sunday: The Story of a Displaced Child” in UC Patio, 8:15 and 9:15 p.m.

– Pravin Patel

Visit www.invisiblechildren.com for more information on the organization.

An asynchronous learning model provided an opportunity to create a hands-on process with a three-dimensional approach for a fall class. ...

Claire Paris-Limouzy started freediving for research and ended up becoming a record-breaking athlete who is also spearheading a Scientific Freediving program at the University. ...

Sociology scholars from around the world convened for a virtual conference hosted by the University of Miami on Thursday to explore shifting tendencies in international relocation and the implications for global social change. ...

Lauryn Williams, track and field and bobsled medalist, addressed the University community during Wednesday night’s “What Matters to U” virtual event. ...

During his appearance Tuesday on a webinar hosted by the University of Miami Patti and Allan Herbert Business School, tech mogul Eric Yuan highlighted the importance of a workplace culture of happiness and urged that businesses pay greater attention to the digital divide. ...