Lifting the invisibility cloak in Uganda

Students at the University of Miami may feel no connection to Uganda, but one organization is trying to change that.

The Invisible Children organization, which became an official club Monday, is trying to inform students about the abduction and treatment of child soldiers in Uganda.

They had their first general meeting last Monday, the initial step in spreading their message of stopping child abduction in Uganda – an issue that organization members think is being overlooked.

To continue to spread the word, the organization will be hosting the following events:

March 31: Screening of short films in I-Lounge, 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.

April 1: Screening of short films in Pearson, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.

April 4: Invisible Children screening in I-Lounge, 5:00 – 6:00 p.m.

April 3: Screening of short films in Eaton, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.

April 9: I-Week screening of “Sunday: The Story of a Displaced Child” in UC Patio, 8:15 and 9:15 p.m.

– Pravin Patel

Visit www.invisiblechildren.com for more information on the organization.

One of the reasons Manny Diaz overhauled his recruiting department when he took over as UM’s coach i ...

Connor McLaughlin never gave much thought to the Miami Hurricanes when he was younger. Even though h ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ 2020 recruiting class continues to grow. Three-star Deerfield Beach wide recei ...

Chaminade-Madonna in Hollywood has produced some distinguished alums, including ESPN (and Miami Hera ...

Columbus was a popular destination for coaches throughout the first full week of May this spring. On ...

Academics met at the University of Miami to plan the next phase of a study looking at how journalist ...

Former University of Miami student Elio M. Garcia, Jr. and his wife Linda Antonsson discuss their jo ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are using big data to identify affordable housing opportuniti ...

From office furniture to electronics to kitchen items, the University of Miami sells surplus propert ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are studying zebrafish to understand human genetics and ident ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team secured her spot in the NCAA ...

Six members of the Miami track and field team earned a spot at the 2019 NCAA Outdoor Championships i ...

Former Miami women's basketball standout Emese Hof will begin her overseas professional career ...

It took extra innings, but the Canes dropped their final game of pool play at the 2019 ACC Baseball ...

The Student-Athlete Development department has grown in size and scope and become an integral part o ...