SPORTS BRIEFS

Men’s Basketball
All tournament games available for free online

For students who wish to watch Miami’s first-round game in the NCAA tournament against St. Mary’s University but don’t want to miss class, the NCAA and CBS has a solution for you: March Madness on demand.

After signing up for the free service, users have access to all 63 games that will be played in the tournament as well as classic moments from the tournament’s history. VIP passes, which allow users to bypass connection lines, are running out. To sign up, go to ncaa.org/mmod.

Track and Field
University to hold Hurricane Invitational Thursday

Miami will open up their outdoor track and field season at Cobb Stadium Thursday.

Twenty-one teams from across the country will come to Coral Gables to participate in this year’s Hurricane Invitational. The women’s heptathlon kicks off the event at 10 p.m. and continues through Saturday.

Miami hopes to continue their recent success after junior Krista Simkins became the sixth Hurricane to win an NCAA National Championship.

Women’s Tennis
Doubles team enters top 20

Miami’s tandem of Laura Vallverdu and Romy Farah entered the Intercollegiate Tennis Association’s top 20 after winning four of their last five matches.

Vallverdu and Farah moved up from No. 24 after besting Florida State and Clemson’s top pairs, including the Tigers’ then-No. 12 ranked team of Ani Mijacika and Carol Salge, 8-6.

After taking off last week, the women’s tennis team will travel to Virginia this weekend to take on the No. 50 Virginia Cavaliers Saturday and the No. 49 Virginia Tech Hokies Sunday.

Compiled by Matthew Bunch from hurricanesports.com.

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

Ten takeaways from UM’s 31-17 win against FIU on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium: ▪ Credit Mark Richt ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The season-opening, three-day Miami Fall Invite wrapped up Sunday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center a ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...