SPORTS BRIEFS

Men’s Basketball
All tournament games available for free online

For students who wish to watch Miami’s first-round game in the NCAA tournament against St. Mary’s University but don’t want to miss class, the NCAA and CBS has a solution for you: March Madness on demand.

After signing up for the free service, users have access to all 63 games that will be played in the tournament as well as classic moments from the tournament’s history. VIP passes, which allow users to bypass connection lines, are running out. To sign up, go to ncaa.org/mmod.

Track and Field
University to hold Hurricane Invitational Thursday

Miami will open up their outdoor track and field season at Cobb Stadium Thursday.

Twenty-one teams from across the country will come to Coral Gables to participate in this year’s Hurricane Invitational. The women’s heptathlon kicks off the event at 10 p.m. and continues through Saturday.

Miami hopes to continue their recent success after junior Krista Simkins became the sixth Hurricane to win an NCAA National Championship.

Women’s Tennis
Doubles team enters top 20

Miami’s tandem of Laura Vallverdu and Romy Farah entered the Intercollegiate Tennis Association’s top 20 after winning four of their last five matches.

Vallverdu and Farah moved up from No. 24 after besting Florida State and Clemson’s top pairs, including the Tigers’ then-No. 12 ranked team of Ani Mijacika and Carol Salge, 8-6.

After taking off last week, the women’s tennis team will travel to Virginia this weekend to take on the No. 50 Virginia Cavaliers Saturday and the No. 49 Virginia Tech Hokies Sunday.

Compiled by Matthew Bunch from hurricanesports.com.

Even after snagging Ohio State transfer Tate Martell, UM has remained highly aggressive in its pursu ...

As the NFL’s conference finals were unfolding Sunday, Manny Diaz – the UM coach who doubles as a soc ...

The University of Miami womens’ basketball team made sure North Carolina fans didn’t get to celebrat ...

Throughout the four years he spent as a tackle for the Miami Hurricanes, Tyree St. Louis never consi ...

Finally, a marquee home game for the University of Miami men’s basketball team, a game big enough th ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

The Miami women's basketball team will play its highest-ranked opponent of the season thus far ...

Beatrice Mompremier of the Miami women's basketball team was named the ACC Player of the Week, ...

The Miami women's basketball team defeated North Carolina for the fourth consecutive year with ...

Former University of Miami soccer standout Phallon Tullis-Joyce has officially signed a professional ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team improved to 3-0 on the season following a 6-1 triumph ...