RSMAS Brief

New cooling system to help school become ‘green’

The Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science recently completed a new chiller plant, which is a cooling system, as a replacement to the older, less efficient ammonia ice plants.

The new cooling system is part of the university’s plan to be more “green,” and has saved roughly 30 percent in energy since the beginning of January.

The plant currently cools approximately 300,000 feet of research labs, offices and classrooms.

An asynchronous learning model provided an opportunity to create a hands-on process with a three-dimensional approach for a fall class. ...

Claire Paris-Limouzy started freediving for research and ended up becoming a record-breaking athlete who is also spearheading a Scientific Freediving program at the University. ...

Sociology scholars from around the world convened for a virtual conference hosted by the University of Miami on Thursday to explore shifting tendencies in international relocation and the implications for global social change. ...

Lauryn Williams, track and field and bobsled medalist, addressed the University community during Wednesday night’s “What Matters to U” virtual event. ...

During his appearance Tuesday on a webinar hosted by the University of Miami Patti and Allan Herbert Business School, tech mogul Eric Yuan highlighted the importance of a workplace culture of happiness and urged that businesses pay greater attention to the digital divide. ...