Coming clean best strategy after ‘accidental’ date

I’m not great with girls, but even so, I have an awesome girlfriend right now. She’s really pretty, smart and makes me laugh. Here’s the problem – I accidentally asked another girl out on a date and went on it. She’s great too, but I really like my girlfriend. I asked my good friend what she thought, but now she says she’s going to tell my girlfriend if I don’t. Now I am at danger of losing the best girl I’ve ever met, a girl I went on a date with by mistake, and a friend who hates me. What should I do?!

-Tool

Dear Tool,

Well, you’re right about a few things: (1) You’re a tool for doing this, (2) you’re not great with girls (clearly this is not a great thing to do to girls) and (3) you definitely are at danger of losing your girlfriend, especially if she’s as smart as you say she is.

Where you’re wrong is that you claim this was all an accident. You met someone, planned a date with her, and actually followed through with it! That, my friend, is not an accident. It’s called cheating.

Although you may pity yourself right now because you think you’ve been ‘backed into a corner,’ the truth is, this is a hell of your own making. The right thing to do now is to come clean with your awesome girlfriend and accept the consequences. She probably will dump you. Admit it: you’d dump you, too.

After you’ve been dumped, you’ll probably try to rebound with the girl you went on the date with, but nothing real can come of it.

Think about it, Tool. She’ll likely come to her senses and realize that the guy who will do it with her will probably do it to her. That or you’ll ruin it anyways before she’s able to come to that conclusion.

As far as your friend who hates you for being a tool, leave her out of it. She’s going to do what she’s going to do.

The best way to cut your losses is to just own your mess. Then maybe you’ll be able to start rising up from your inability to handle girls.

Best of luck!

Fact o’ the Day: The condom made originally of linen was invented in the early 1500s. Casanova the womanizer used linen condoms.

Please send probing inquiries to DearV@hotmail.com. Do it! All questions and comments will remain anonymous.

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Friday: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt hasn’t yet given any indication to the ...

There are few players across Florida whose recruitment has been harder to parse than Derick Hunter’s ...

While University of Miami fans are not exactly thrilled about their Hurricanes going against the Wis ...

There was a time John Dixon looked like he would have his choice of just about any college he wanted ...

Part 2 of a 3-part series Former Marlins president David Samson, now unshackled by any contractual r ...

Following national recognition for its French production of Cinderella, the Frost Opera Theater is d ...

Several UM art students are getting real-world exposure during a highly anticipated – and attended – ...

Over the past several years, more and more students are using UM Libraries as a study place, a meeti ...

A record number of gifts have been collected across UM campuses to benefit children and seniors in t ...

Former Prime Minister of Israel Ehud Barak, who previously served as minister of the interior and mi ...

After a six-day layoff, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team will be back in action Sund ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...

University of Miami redshirt senior defensive tackle Gerald Willis III was recognized for his outsta ...

The University of Miami's redshirt senior setter Haley Templeton was named to the 2018 AVCA All ...

Get to Know U is a series that introduces the newest members of the Miami Hurricanes track and field ...