Coming clean best strategy after ‘accidental’ date

I’m not great with girls, but even so, I have an awesome girlfriend right now. She’s really pretty, smart and makes me laugh. Here’s the problem – I accidentally asked another girl out on a date and went on it. She’s great too, but I really like my girlfriend. I asked my good friend what she thought, but now she says she’s going to tell my girlfriend if I don’t. Now I am at danger of losing the best girl I’ve ever met, a girl I went on a date with by mistake, and a friend who hates me. What should I do?!

-Tool

Dear Tool,

Well, you’re right about a few things: (1) You’re a tool for doing this, (2) you’re not great with girls (clearly this is not a great thing to do to girls) and (3) you definitely are at danger of losing your girlfriend, especially if she’s as smart as you say she is.

Where you’re wrong is that you claim this was all an accident. You met someone, planned a date with her, and actually followed through with it! That, my friend, is not an accident. It’s called cheating.

Although you may pity yourself right now because you think you’ve been ‘backed into a corner,’ the truth is, this is a hell of your own making. The right thing to do now is to come clean with your awesome girlfriend and accept the consequences. She probably will dump you. Admit it: you’d dump you, too.

After you’ve been dumped, you’ll probably try to rebound with the girl you went on the date with, but nothing real can come of it.

Think about it, Tool. She’ll likely come to her senses and realize that the guy who will do it with her will probably do it to her. That or you’ll ruin it anyways before she’s able to come to that conclusion.

As far as your friend who hates you for being a tool, leave her out of it. She’s going to do what she’s going to do.

The best way to cut your losses is to just own your mess. Then maybe you’ll be able to start rising up from your inability to handle girls.

Best of luck!

Fact o’ the Day: The condom made originally of linen was invented in the early 1500s. Casanova the womanizer used linen condoms.

Please send probing inquiries to DearV@hotmail.com. Do it! All questions and comments will remain anonymous.

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

George Stewart had a big problem, and little time to solve it. It was Week 6 of the 2018 season, and ...

One of the interesting subplots of this Hurricanes season will be watching the evolution of a bunch ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ Coach Manny Diaz said the quarterback race among Ta ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

Varona, an attorney and educator who specializes in administrative law, communications and media law ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...

Courtney spent nine years previously on Jim Larranaga's staff from 1996-2005. ...

The University of Miami track and field program received 17 All-America honors at the conclusion of ...