Coming clean best strategy after ‘accidental’ date

I’m not great with girls, but even so, I have an awesome girlfriend right now. She’s really pretty, smart and makes me laugh. Here’s the problem – I accidentally asked another girl out on a date and went on it. She’s great too, but I really like my girlfriend. I asked my good friend what she thought, but now she says she’s going to tell my girlfriend if I don’t. Now I am at danger of losing the best girl I’ve ever met, a girl I went on a date with by mistake, and a friend who hates me. What should I do?!

-Tool

Dear Tool,

Well, you’re right about a few things: (1) You’re a tool for doing this, (2) you’re not great with girls (clearly this is not a great thing to do to girls) and (3) you definitely are at danger of losing your girlfriend, especially if she’s as smart as you say she is.

Where you’re wrong is that you claim this was all an accident. You met someone, planned a date with her, and actually followed through with it! That, my friend, is not an accident. It’s called cheating.

Although you may pity yourself right now because you think you’ve been ‘backed into a corner,’ the truth is, this is a hell of your own making. The right thing to do now is to come clean with your awesome girlfriend and accept the consequences. She probably will dump you. Admit it: you’d dump you, too.

After you’ve been dumped, you’ll probably try to rebound with the girl you went on the date with, but nothing real can come of it.

Think about it, Tool. She’ll likely come to her senses and realize that the guy who will do it with her will probably do it to her. That or you’ll ruin it anyways before she’s able to come to that conclusion.

As far as your friend who hates you for being a tool, leave her out of it. She’s going to do what she’s going to do.

The best way to cut your losses is to just own your mess. Then maybe you’ll be able to start rising up from your inability to handle girls.

Best of luck!

Fact o’ the Day: The condom made originally of linen was invented in the early 1500s. Casanova the womanizer used linen condoms.

Please send probing inquiries to DearV@hotmail.com. Do it! All questions and comments will remain anonymous.

UM was very fortunate that junior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud a ...

Hard Rock Stadium will be filled with Miami fans — and probably only Miami fans — when the two colle ...

They made school history on Sunday with a nationally-televised road upset of No. 2 Louisville, and o ...

Mark Walton, the former University of Miami star football player and current Cincinnati Bengal, was ...

Don Chaney Jr. says his recruitment is over and the way he talks about the Miami Hurricanes, it’s ea ...

Miami Law’s Frances Hill answers key questions about the National Emergencies Act. ...

Researcher Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer is leading a study aimed at increasing the number of kids who ar ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Hours after garnering espnW National Player of the Week distinction, Emese Hof of the Miami women ...

For the second straight Monday, a member of the Miami women's basketball team has earned a nati ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami golf team moved up two spots on Monday's leaderboard at t ...