What’s going on?

March 6: TODAY
Patio Jams will feature American Babies, an indie rock band, from noon to 2 p.m. on the UC Patio.

Let loose at “The Rhythm is Gonna Get U” at the FEC Cuban Carnival, from 1:30 to 3 p.m. on the UC Patio.

March 7: FRIDAY
Check out the 17th Annual Neuroscience Research Day event, featuring poster presentations, snacks and refreshments, from 3 to 5 p.m. in front of the Mailman Center for Child Development at the Miller School of Medicine. Admission is free.

Start your spring break with a night of movies on the University Green! “Glory Road” will show at 8 p.m. and “I Now Pronounce You Chuck And Larry” will be showing at 10 p.m.

March 8: SATURDAY
Bring the whole family to a special program at the Lowe Art Museum that will let you make your own story quilt, from 1 to 2 p.m. Admission for kids is $3. Parents get in free.

The Miami International Film Festival will present “Unfinished Sky” at 7 p.m. and “La Antena” at 9:15 p.m. at Cosford Cinema. For film descriptions, visit MiamiFilmFestival.com.

March 9: SUNDAY
Enjoy cookies and beverages over Faith Ringgold’s art film, “The Last Story Quilt,” from noon to 1 p.m. at the Lowe Art Museum.

Don’t miss the theatrical premiere of “One Water,” a film celebrating the Earth’s relationship to water, at 6:30 p.m. at the Colony Theater in Miami Beach.

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

New technology could help schools identify shooters and other intruders before they enter the door. ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to return to Cobb Stadium, where it will host No. 12 Duke ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...