Sports Briefs

Track and Field
Harris earns yet another honor

University of Miami men’s track and field star Tim Harris earned himself Muscle Milk Student-Athlete of the Week honors with a strong performance in North Carolina over this past weekend at the ACC championships. Harris captured the ACC title in the 800-meter dash for the third consecutive season. Harris will compete at the NCAA indoor championships in Fayetteville, Ark. March 14 and 15.

Women’s Tennis
Hurricanes ranked 11th

The University of Miami women’s tennis team has been ranked No. 11 in the latest Intercollegiate Tennis Association rankings. Sophomore Laura Vallverdu is ranked No. 22, senior Caren Seenauth is ranked No. 56, freshman Michaela Kissell is ranked No. 60 and senior Romy Farah is ranked No. 83. The doubles pair of Vallverdu and Farah is ranked No. 24. Miami’s next match will take place Friday against Clemson at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center. The No. 2-ranked Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets come to Coral Gables this Sunday.

Compiled by Pravin Patel from hurricanesports.com.

Court adjourned at United States v. James Gatto on Monday, but not before one last piece of good new ...

Add former five-star running back recruit Lorenzo Lingard to the growing list of injured Miami Hurri ...

Here’s our story on the big news of the day: Mark Richt admonishing N’Kosi Perry for posting a video ...

University of Miami redshirt freshman quarterback N’Kosi Perry has been reprimanded for posting a vi ...

The Miami Hurricanes are usually off on Mondays. But today, the Canes (5-2, 2-1 Atlantic Coast Confe ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

A new study by University of Miami psychology researchers of anonymous interactions suggests that hu ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

The Hurricanes head to Chestnut Hill, Mass., for a for a nationally-televised game against a rough a ...

A trio of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes will continue to make a run at the ...

The Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame announced the 14 semifinalists for the 2018 Paycom Jim Thorpe Award ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team kept its Sunday win streak alive by defeating Georgia Tech, 3-1 ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team continues to have success in the Main Draw, as a pair ...