Sports Briefs

Track and Field
Harris earns yet another honor

University of Miami men’s track and field star Tim Harris earned himself Muscle Milk Student-Athlete of the Week honors with a strong performance in North Carolina over this past weekend at the ACC championships. Harris captured the ACC title in the 800-meter dash for the third consecutive season. Harris will compete at the NCAA indoor championships in Fayetteville, Ark. March 14 and 15.

Women’s Tennis
Hurricanes ranked 11th

The University of Miami women’s tennis team has been ranked No. 11 in the latest Intercollegiate Tennis Association rankings. Sophomore Laura Vallverdu is ranked No. 22, senior Caren Seenauth is ranked No. 56, freshman Michaela Kissell is ranked No. 60 and senior Romy Farah is ranked No. 83. The doubles pair of Vallverdu and Farah is ranked No. 24. Miami’s next match will take place Friday against Clemson at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center. The No. 2-ranked Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets come to Coral Gables this Sunday.

Compiled by Pravin Patel from hurricanesports.com.

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

As bleak as it seems now for the University of Miami, the Canes can still take a repeat trip to Char ...

A half dozen takeaways from UM’s demoralizing 16-13 loss at Virginia on Saturday: ▪ As was the case ...

So, who’s the quarterback now? The No. 16 Miami Hurricanes came to Charlottesville on Saturday with ...

Home Truth, the story of Jessica Lenahan’s pursuit of more effective domestic violence laws, screene ...

Members of the UM community who want to donate to relief efforts for those impacted by Hurricanes Mi ...

The University of Miami’s Model UN is working to expand its membership and reputation with its first ...

During a keynote address at a conference in Los Angeles, entrepreneurial heavyweight Magic Leap anno ...

A colorless, odorless gas used by a UM scientist to study ocean currents helps save his vision. ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...

The Canes have won five straight games and are 2-0 in the ACC, but they know they have a tough road ...