Sports Briefs

Track and Field
Harris earns yet another honor

University of Miami men’s track and field star Tim Harris earned himself Muscle Milk Student-Athlete of the Week honors with a strong performance in North Carolina over this past weekend at the ACC championships. Harris captured the ACC title in the 800-meter dash for the third consecutive season. Harris will compete at the NCAA indoor championships in Fayetteville, Ark. March 14 and 15.

Women’s Tennis
Hurricanes ranked 11th

The University of Miami women’s tennis team has been ranked No. 11 in the latest Intercollegiate Tennis Association rankings. Sophomore Laura Vallverdu is ranked No. 22, senior Caren Seenauth is ranked No. 56, freshman Michaela Kissell is ranked No. 60 and senior Romy Farah is ranked No. 83. The doubles pair of Vallverdu and Farah is ranked No. 24. Miami’s next match will take place Friday against Clemson at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center. The No. 2-ranked Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets come to Coral Gables this Sunday.

Compiled by Pravin Patel from hurricanesports.com.

It wasn’t long ago when the Miami Hurricanes’ Class of 2020 included the top three rising senior pro ...

Six new Hurricanes football players arrived on campus and began classes Monday, a group including a ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Championship schedule is set. The No. 4 seed Miami Hurricanes ...

The first regular season of Gino DiMare’s head-coaching era ended Saturday at Mark Light Field. But ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ hopes for hosting an NCAA regional were damaged a bit on Friday night by a 12- ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are transforming weather forecasts by creating a seasonal for ...

Imagine simulating diabetes, lung cancer, or heart disease on a device no larger than a credit card. ...

Alabama’s new abortion law puts the issue of women’s rights in the spotlight for the upcoming 2020 e ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team posted a 6-2, 6-0 victory against No. 5 ...

Four Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the Atlantic Coast Conference Monday for their ...

The University of Miami football program announced Tuesday that it has agreed to a home football gam ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team started her NCAA Singles Cha ...

The Barcelona, Spain, native caps his sophomore campaign with a team-high 21 singles wins. ...