Sports Briefs

Track and Field
Harris earns yet another honor

University of Miami men’s track and field star Tim Harris earned himself Muscle Milk Student-Athlete of the Week honors with a strong performance in North Carolina over this past weekend at the ACC championships. Harris captured the ACC title in the 800-meter dash for the third consecutive season. Harris will compete at the NCAA indoor championships in Fayetteville, Ark. March 14 and 15.

Women’s Tennis
Hurricanes ranked 11th

The University of Miami women’s tennis team has been ranked No. 11 in the latest Intercollegiate Tennis Association rankings. Sophomore Laura Vallverdu is ranked No. 22, senior Caren Seenauth is ranked No. 56, freshman Michaela Kissell is ranked No. 60 and senior Romy Farah is ranked No. 83. The doubles pair of Vallverdu and Farah is ranked No. 24. Miami’s next match will take place Friday against Clemson at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center. The No. 2-ranked Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets come to Coral Gables this Sunday.

Compiled by Pravin Patel from hurricanesports.com.

During a virtual panel discussion hosted by the University of Washington, President Julio Frenk discussed global responses to the pandemic—and what is needed to move forward. ...

Members of the Homecoming Executive Committee share how they pivoted this year to plan a ’Canes Spirit Week that continues to generate excitement and honor tradition. ...

One of the University’s largest student-run organizations didn’t miss a beat when moving its dance lessons online. ...

Tau Sigma National Honor Society and the Department of Orientation and Commuter Student Involvement host a week of interactive events honoring transfer students Oct. 19-25. ...

A graduate of the highly selective Applied Behavior Analysis program, Fajer Almenaie is changing the landscape for children on the autism spectrum in the Middle East. ...