Sports Briefs

Track and Field
Harris earns yet another honor

University of Miami men’s track and field star Tim Harris earned himself Muscle Milk Student-Athlete of the Week honors with a strong performance in North Carolina over this past weekend at the ACC championships. Harris captured the ACC title in the 800-meter dash for the third consecutive season. Harris will compete at the NCAA indoor championships in Fayetteville, Ark. March 14 and 15.

Women’s Tennis
Hurricanes ranked 11th

The University of Miami women’s tennis team has been ranked No. 11 in the latest Intercollegiate Tennis Association rankings. Sophomore Laura Vallverdu is ranked No. 22, senior Caren Seenauth is ranked No. 56, freshman Michaela Kissell is ranked No. 60 and senior Romy Farah is ranked No. 83. The doubles pair of Vallverdu and Farah is ranked No. 24. Miami’s next match will take place Friday against Clemson at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center. The No. 2-ranked Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets come to Coral Gables this Sunday.

Compiled by Pravin Patel from hurricanesports.com.

Former University of Miami star running back Mark Walton was arrested late Friday on a charge of mis ...

Friday was strange for Gino DiMare. It wasn’t because his whole family went out to the mound at Alex ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The University of Miami baseball team opened the Gino DiMare era with a record-setting victory over ...

The University of Miami women's swimming team put together 14 lifetime bests Saturday at its an ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...

Despite earning the doubles point, the No. 15 Miami women's tennis team dropped a 5-2 decision ...