Quarterback Marve’s misdemeanor charges dropped

POSTED MARCH 11 AT 12:04 A.M.

Hurricane quarterback Robert Marve emerged victorious from court Monday, as prosecutors decided not to pursue two charges against the redshirt freshman.

Celso Alvarado, who claimed Marve broke his sideview mirror last Halloween in Coconut Grove, told The Miami Hurricane via e-mail that the officer who witnessed the incident did not appear at the hearing and the prosecutor dropped charges. He also said he was compensated for damages outside of court.

As reported in the The Hurricane last November (read the story here), Marve was accused of knocking a sideview mirror off a car. When confronted by an officer who saw the act, he ran. He was later caught by the officer and charged with minor criminal mischief and resisting arrest without violence.

Matthew Bunch may be contacted at m.bunch@umiami.edu.

A day after naming Ephraim Banda and Jonathan Patke co-defensive coordinators, the Miami Hurricanes ...

It doesn’t matter if the number is actually 21 or it’s just what Jeremiah Payton estimates now. Twen ...

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...