Quarterback Marve’s misdemeanor charges dropped

POSTED MARCH 11 AT 12:04 A.M.

Hurricane quarterback Robert Marve emerged victorious from court Monday, as prosecutors decided not to pursue two charges against the redshirt freshman.

Celso Alvarado, who claimed Marve broke his sideview mirror last Halloween in Coconut Grove, told The Miami Hurricane via e-mail that the officer who witnessed the incident did not appear at the hearing and the prosecutor dropped charges. He also said he was compensated for damages outside of court.

As reported in the The Hurricane last November (read the story here), Marve was accused of knocking a sideview mirror off a car. When confronted by an officer who saw the act, he ran. He was later caught by the officer and charged with minor criminal mischief and resisting arrest without violence.

Matthew Bunch may be contacted at m.bunch@umiami.edu.

UM alumna Shirley Hoffman Kilkelly was one of the few women engineers who worked on the Apollo 11 mo ...

College of Engineering alumnus Frank DeMattia was just 21 years old when he went to work at NASA on ...

Registered dietitian Stephanie Sanchez shares realistic, healthy ways to get you on track and headed ...

The overnight pre-orientation program – now in its 30th year – welcomes newly admitted first-year co ...

Apollo 11 astronaut’s moonwalk, which took place 50 years ago Saturday, is remembered by members of ...

Redshirt senior wide receiver K.J. Osborn was among six ACC players named to The Biletnikoff Award W ...

Dane Dunlap, William Grattan-Smith and Franco Aubone were each selected as All-Academic Scholar Athl ...

Two Miami Hurricanes were among those players selected to the preseason watch list for the 25th annu ...

The ITA released Thursday its academic accolades for the 2018-19 season and the University of Miami ...

ESPN Events announced Thursday afternoon the bracket for the 2019 Charleston Classic, set to take pl ...