Greetings from Cancun

Dear Hurricane readers,

We hope you are having a fantastic time on campus during these last few days before spring break starts. How’s the weather there, by the way? We are pleased to tell you that here, in Cancun, it’s 80 degrees and sunny.

HAHAHA, I bet you’re asking, “What do you mean, in Cancun?!”

That’s right, guys, your beloved Miami Hurricane Editorial Board is in Cancun, as you read this, but it’s only because we had some very important prior obligations to attend to – like the All Star Wet T-Shirt Contest and um, happy hour at 10 a.m. Plus, we got a darn good deal on a beautiful oceanfront suite, hot tub included, of course.

Shockingly, we ran out of toilet paper and left all our notebooks, laptops or anything remotely “academic” at home. But, we did find some crumpled up class notes from last week which we used to write this very heartfelt letter to you all.

And because we miss you so much, we sent it, priority mail, to whoever the heck edited this issue of the newspaper.

So, uh, yeah, we kind of missed out on midterms and all that jazz, but come on, it’s spring break, baby.

Well, we’re about to hit the buffet and then check out this toga party tonight, so we have to go now.

Have a great spring break! And remember, use us an example and be responsible!

Yours truly,

The Miami Hurricane Editorial Board

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

If there was one freshman the Miami Hurricanes knew would have to help entering the season, Brevin J ...

Not only has Gerald Willis been one of the best stories of the Miami Hurricanes’ season, he has also ...

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

More than 600 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service ...

Home Truth, the story of Jessica Lenahan’s pursuit of more effective domestic violence laws, screene ...

Members of the UM community who want to donate to relief efforts for those impacted by Hurricanes Mi ...

The University of Miami’s Model UN is working to expand its membership and reputation with its first ...

During a keynote address at a conference in Los Angeles, entrepreneurial heavyweight Magic Leap anno ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...