What’s going on?

March 3: TODAY
Discover the ranging benefits of physical therapy at the first-ever UM Pre-Physical Therapy Club gathering, featuring guest speakers and refreshments. This event is free and open to the public, and will take place at 5:30 p.m. at the Rat.

National Book Award finalist Edwidge Danticat, the Haitian-born author of Breath, Eyes, Memory, which was selected for Oprah’s Book Club, will speak at 6 p.m. in the Storer Auditorium at the School of Business Administration.

March 4: TUESDAY
The Victoria’s Secret PINK Spring Tour will be at UM, offering students the opportunity to apply for internships and buy PINK merchandise, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the UC Rock. Want a free PINK Tote Bag? Text “UM” to VSPINK (877465) to join CLUB PINK and receive yours.

Wear orange and green for Alumni Awareness Day. Take pictures with Sebastian and get prizes, food and information about the benefits received by current students through the Alumni Association, from 10 a.m. to noon in the UC Breezeway and noon to 2 p.m. on the UC Rock.

March 5: WEDNESDAY
Celebrate Cuban culture at “Discover Cuba,” featuring an arroz con pollo cooking demonstration and traditional Cuban attire, from noon to 2 p.m. at the UC Rock.

Come watch “I Am Legend,” playing at 8 and 10 p.m. at the Cosford Cinema.

Pick up a copy of the new, student-run magazine Distraction, which is expected on stands today.

Etc.

Housing sign-up dates for:
Retaining same apartment: March 25, 26, 27
Moving to a new apartment: March 29, 30
Retaining same residential college room: April 1, 2, 3
Moving to a new residential college room: April 5, 6
Late sign-up/making changes/cancellation: April 8, 9, 10

Sign up on MyUM. Contact housing@miami.edu or call 305-284-4505 with any questions.

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

Mark Richt is sticking with the veteran. The Miami Hurricanes coach announced during the weekly Atla ...

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

A grant from the German government will support a series of roundtable and networking sessions on U. ...

As BioNIUM’s new director, the chair of the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology plans t ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

For the second straight year, all of the Miami women's basketball teams will be televised and f ...

The University of Miami soccer team heads to the Tar Heel state for a pair of road matches beginning ...

Get to Know U is a series that introduces the newest members of the Miami Hurricanes track and field ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...