What’s going on?

March 3: TODAY
Discover the ranging benefits of physical therapy at the first-ever UM Pre-Physical Therapy Club gathering, featuring guest speakers and refreshments. This event is free and open to the public, and will take place at 5:30 p.m. at the Rat.

National Book Award finalist Edwidge Danticat, the Haitian-born author of Breath, Eyes, Memory, which was selected for Oprah’s Book Club, will speak at 6 p.m. in the Storer Auditorium at the School of Business Administration.

March 4: TUESDAY
The Victoria’s Secret PINK Spring Tour will be at UM, offering students the opportunity to apply for internships and buy PINK merchandise, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the UC Rock. Want a free PINK Tote Bag? Text “UM” to VSPINK (877465) to join CLUB PINK and receive yours.

Wear orange and green for Alumni Awareness Day. Take pictures with Sebastian and get prizes, food and information about the benefits received by current students through the Alumni Association, from 10 a.m. to noon in the UC Breezeway and noon to 2 p.m. on the UC Rock.

March 5: WEDNESDAY
Celebrate Cuban culture at “Discover Cuba,” featuring an arroz con pollo cooking demonstration and traditional Cuban attire, from noon to 2 p.m. at the UC Rock.

Come watch “I Am Legend,” playing at 8 and 10 p.m. at the Cosford Cinema.

Pick up a copy of the new, student-run magazine Distraction, which is expected on stands today.

Etc.

Housing sign-up dates for:
Retaining same apartment: March 25, 26, 27
Moving to a new apartment: March 29, 30
Retaining same residential college room: April 1, 2, 3
Moving to a new residential college room: April 5, 6
Late sign-up/making changes/cancellation: April 8, 9, 10

Sign up on MyUM. Contact housing@miami.edu or call 305-284-4505 with any questions.

It wasn’t long ago when the Miami Hurricanes’ Class of 2020 included the top three rising senior pro ...

Six new Hurricanes football players arrived on campus and began classes Monday, a group including a ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Championship schedule is set. The No. 4 seed Miami Hurricanes ...

The first regular season of Gino DiMare’s head-coaching era ended Saturday at Mark Light Field. But ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ hopes for hosting an NCAA regional were damaged a bit on Friday night by a 12- ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are transforming weather forecasts by creating a seasonal for ...

Imagine simulating diabetes, lung cancer, or heart disease on a device no larger than a credit card. ...

Alabama’s new abortion law puts the issue of women’s rights in the spotlight for the upcoming 2020 e ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team posted a 6-2, 6-0 victory against No. 5 ...

Four Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the Atlantic Coast Conference Monday for their ...

The University of Miami football program announced Tuesday that it has agreed to a home football gam ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team started her NCAA Singles Cha ...

The Barcelona, Spain, native caps his sophomore campaign with a team-high 21 singles wins. ...