What’s going on?

March 3: TODAY
Discover the ranging benefits of physical therapy at the first-ever UM Pre-Physical Therapy Club gathering, featuring guest speakers and refreshments. This event is free and open to the public, and will take place at 5:30 p.m. at the Rat.

National Book Award finalist Edwidge Danticat, the Haitian-born author of Breath, Eyes, Memory, which was selected for Oprah’s Book Club, will speak at 6 p.m. in the Storer Auditorium at the School of Business Administration.

March 4: TUESDAY
The Victoria’s Secret PINK Spring Tour will be at UM, offering students the opportunity to apply for internships and buy PINK merchandise, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the UC Rock. Want a free PINK Tote Bag? Text “UM” to VSPINK (877465) to join CLUB PINK and receive yours.

Wear orange and green for Alumni Awareness Day. Take pictures with Sebastian and get prizes, food and information about the benefits received by current students through the Alumni Association, from 10 a.m. to noon in the UC Breezeway and noon to 2 p.m. on the UC Rock.

March 5: WEDNESDAY
Celebrate Cuban culture at “Discover Cuba,” featuring an arroz con pollo cooking demonstration and traditional Cuban attire, from noon to 2 p.m. at the UC Rock.

Come watch “I Am Legend,” playing at 8 and 10 p.m. at the Cosford Cinema.

Pick up a copy of the new, student-run magazine Distraction, which is expected on stands today.

Etc.

Housing sign-up dates for:
Retaining same apartment: March 25, 26, 27
Moving to a new apartment: March 29, 30
Retaining same residential college room: April 1, 2, 3
Moving to a new residential college room: April 5, 6
Late sign-up/making changes/cancellation: April 8, 9, 10

Sign up on MyUM. Contact housing@miami.edu or call 305-284-4505 with any questions.

Former University of Miami star running back Mark Walton was arrested late Friday on a charge of mis ...

Friday was strange for Gino DiMare. It wasn’t because his whole family went out to the mound at Alex ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The University of Miami baseball team opened the Gino DiMare era with a record-setting victory over ...

The University of Miami women's swimming team put together 14 lifetime bests Saturday at its an ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...

Despite earning the doubles point, the No. 15 Miami women's tennis team dropped a 5-2 decision ...