Culture

DVDs hitting the shelves this week

The Darjeeling Limited – This visually stunning Wes Anderson film follows the introspective and defining adventure of three brothers through India. The film stars Owen Wilson, Jason Schwartzman and Adrien Brody. If you were not lucky enough to see this in theaters, make sure to pick this up as soon as possible.

Death at a Funeral – This unlikely hit is a refreshing British comedy that stars Matthew Macfadyen, Keeley Hawes and Andy Nyman. The film, as the title implies, is set at a funeral and hilarious chaos ensues when a man tries to expose a dark secret regarding a recently deceased patriarch of a dysfunctional British family.

30 Days of Night – As if Alaskan towns weren’t creepy enough, the one where this movie is set doesn’t see the sun for 30 days. This absurdly creative and frightening film also hits the shelves this week, and is a must-see for any fan of vampire flicks. Ben Foster and Josh Hartnett help propel this movie into a full-on thriller.

Caribbean experts assessed the coronavirus’s impact on the region in a webinar on Nov. 19 hosted by the University of Miami Institute for Advanced Study of the Americas. ...

A project on race, housing, and displacement in Miami connects past patterns of discrimination to modern disparities. ...

United Black Students and the Black Student Athlete Alliance, in partnership with the University of Miami administration, mobilize to honor the lives lost due to police brutality. ...

As students and faculty and staff members prepare to wrap up the Fall 2020 semester, here’s a look at the availability of facilities and services during the break. ...

The University of Miami president called for increased cooperation, new powers for the World Health Organization, and transparency incentives as critical to manage and mitigate future health outbreaks. ...