Crystal, Gross will go head-to-head

POSTED FEB. 28 AT 5:35 P.M.
UPDATED FEB. 28 AT 9:41 P.M.

It’s a run-off.

Jeremy Crystal and Brandon Gross will face off in a second round of voting Monday through Wednesday.

Crystal garnered one vote more than Gross, but the elimination of Dan Lazaro makes that irrelevant.

Here is the breakdown for president:

– Crystal, 808

– Gross, 807

– Lazaro, 457

The vice president and treasurer candidates for both All About U and Committed to U will be on the run-off ballot as well.

A total of 2,122 students voted in elections.

Statement from the Elections Commission about the run-off election:

Student Government Run-Off Election Days

As no candidate running for an Executive office received a majority of the votes cast, there will be a run-off election held for the offices of President, Vice-President and Treasurer. The Elections Commission has created the following schedule for the student government run-off elections:

Monday, March 3, 2008 – UC Breezeway, 10am – 4pm
Tuesday, March 4, 2008 – UC Breezeway, 10am – 4pm
Wednesday, March 5, 2008 – UC Breezeway, 10am – 4pm

Final elections results will be announced Wednesday, March 5, 2008 at 5pm on the Rock.

Any questions concerning the elections process can be directed to the Elections Commission at umelections@gmail.com.

Please check TheMiamiHurricane.com for updates.

Greg Linch may be contacted at gregl@miami.edu.

Greg Linch

Former editor in chief (2007-2008)

Romello Height already had a top five publicly revealed when the Miami Hurricanes finally stepped in ...

Mark Pope knows his freshman year with the Miami Hurricanes didn’t play out the way it was supposed ...

Fredrick Eaford was quick to make it clear the Miami Hurricanes were his dream team to commit to. Af ...

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

Evo Morales, first elected president of Bolivia in 2005, and could win an unprecedented fourth term ...

The University of Miami Black Alumni Society is hosting a number of Juneteenth events around the cou ...

The University of Miami Rosenstiel School’s Rescue a Reef program teams up with the NFL and others t ...

The Frost Chopin Festival and Academy at the University of Miami provides unparalleled experiences f ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Jackie Lippincott, Autumn Kramer and Meredith Costello were among the 61 student-athletes named to t ...

Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova of the University of Miami women's golf team were selecte ...

The Miami women's basketball team will face Indiana at the Watsco Center in the 2019 Big Ten/AC ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...