Crystal, Gross will go head-to-head

POSTED FEB. 28 AT 5:35 P.M.
UPDATED FEB. 28 AT 9:41 P.M.

It’s a run-off.

Jeremy Crystal and Brandon Gross will face off in a second round of voting Monday through Wednesday.

Crystal garnered one vote more than Gross, but the elimination of Dan Lazaro makes that irrelevant.

Here is the breakdown for president:

– Crystal, 808

– Gross, 807

– Lazaro, 457

The vice president and treasurer candidates for both All About U and Committed to U will be on the run-off ballot as well.

A total of 2,122 students voted in elections.

Statement from the Elections Commission about the run-off election:

Student Government Run-Off Election Days

As no candidate running for an Executive office received a majority of the votes cast, there will be a run-off election held for the offices of President, Vice-President and Treasurer. The Elections Commission has created the following schedule for the student government run-off elections:

Monday, March 3, 2008 – UC Breezeway, 10am – 4pm
Tuesday, March 4, 2008 – UC Breezeway, 10am – 4pm
Wednesday, March 5, 2008 – UC Breezeway, 10am – 4pm

Final elections results will be announced Wednesday, March 5, 2008 at 5pm on the Rock.

Any questions concerning the elections process can be directed to the Elections Commission at umelections@gmail.com.

Please check TheMiamiHurricane.com for updates.

Greg Linch may be contacted at gregl@miami.edu.

Greg Linch

Former editor in chief (2007-2008)

UM was very fortunate that junior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud a ...

Hard Rock Stadium will be filled with Miami fans — and probably only Miami fans — when the two colle ...

They made school history on Sunday with a nationally-televised road upset of No. 2 Louisville, and o ...

Mark Walton, the former University of Miami star football player and current Cincinnati Bengal, was ...

Don Chaney Jr. says his recruitment is over and the way he talks about the Miami Hurricanes, it’s ea ...

Researcher Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer is leading a study aimed at increasing the number of kids who ar ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Hours after garnering espnW National Player of the Week distinction, Emese Hof of the Miami women ...

For the second straight Monday, a member of the Miami women's basketball team has earned a nati ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami golf team moved up two spots on Monday's leaderboard at t ...