A breakdown of the current construction on campus

About $20 million worth of construction has popped up almost everywhere around the University of Miami campus, with most projects expected to be finished by spring 2009.

Next to the BankUnited Center, the multipurpose and practice facility will be under construction until next fall. The 30,000 square-foot facility will house two practice courts for the UM basketball teams. It will also serve as a location for lectures and events and as a permanent location for commencement ceremonies, said Richard K. Jones, assistant vice president of Facilities, Design and Construction.

The Serpentine parking lot in front of the BankUnited Center will be under construction to add 408 parking spaces until the summer, Jones said.

The 11,000 square-foot clubhouse at Mark Light Field at Alex Rodriguez Park, which wraps around the baseball stadium, will include new ticket booths, press boxes, suites, concession stands and locker rooms. The concession stands will be in permanent locations by April and the remainder of the clubhouse will open in February 2009.

The construction visible from the main entrance of the university is the new 4,100 square-foot Myrna and Sheldon Palley Pavilion. The Palley Pavilion is an expansion to the Lowe Art Museum and will house a 100-piece glass collection donated by the Palleys as well as other contemporary pieces donated to the university, said Brian Dursum, director of the Lowe Art Museum.

More information about current and future construction projects can be found on the Facilities Design and Construction Web site at miami.edu/facilities-planning.

Ashley Torres may be contacted at a.torres@umiami.edu.

University of Miami quarterback Malik Rosier is not relinquishing that starting job anytime soon. On ...

The Miami Hurricanes don’t just have a marquee season opener against LSU on their hands on Sept. 2. ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Monday: ▪ Here’s one encouraging development this month: The fre ...

The preseason love continues. The Associated Press unveiled its Top 25 preseason rankings Monday, an ...

The Miami Hurricanes on Monday had their first practice after their second scrimmage Saturday night ...

The University of Miami welcomed more than 2,300 new students to campus as the fall semester got und ...

Intergroup Dialogue, a pilot program that will soon become a UM elective course, promotes honest tal ...

Aretha Franklin and her music defined “what is soul” to generations of music lovers. ...

The University of Miami kicked into high gear to welcome thousands of new students and ensure move-i ...

UM President Julio Frenk welcomes first-year and transfer students to UM in signature ’Cane Kickoff ...

Miami checked in at No. 8 in the preseason Associated Press poll, marking its highest position in th ...

Miami and adidas today revealed their new environmentally-conscious alternate uniforms for the 2018 ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team picked up a victory ...

The University of Miami volleyball team won its exhibition match over FIU, 3-0, Saturday at the Knig ...

Coming off a road win in its season opener, the University of Miami soccer team will welcome crossto ...