Jeremy Crystal // All About U

Jeremy Crystal // All About U

Running Mates: Anita Viciana, vice president; Celsus ‘CJ’ Williams, treasurer
Year: Junior
Major: Political Science
CAMPAIGN Web site: AllAboutUMiami.com
Color: Dark blue

Experience

Honor Council: President
Beta Theta Pi Fraternity: founding father
Phi Alpha Delta Pre-Legal Fraternity: former public relations chair
Fraternity Judicial Board: current member

Platform Goals: Top 3

Commuter Parking: Crystal and his running mates said they walked the gravel parking lot next to the School of Business and calculated that the area could create 150 parking spots if paved and delineated. Crystal believes that students should not have to miss class because of parking problems. Even if the area by the business school is not changed to allow for more parking, he said he is going to push for parking expansion in other areas, such as adding floors to the Pavia Garage across from the Student Health Center.

Cane Card use off campus: Though this is a recurring campaign promise that has yet to be carried out by previous administrations, Crystal said the major problem in the past was funding. He said that he has a bank lined up to partner with the University of Miami. With this partnership, Crystal said students could use their Cane Card as a debit card to have the option of dining wherever they want.

Chartwells meal plan rollover: With this initiative, Crystal suggested two options: Unused meals could rollover into the next week or unused meals could be converted into dining dollars to use at the food court, C-store and everywhere else on campus that is owned by Chartwells. He said he has multiple options to plan for obstacles.

The Rest

Improve the advisor system (give every student an advisor); music practice rooms open 24/7; ATM machines in every dorm; shuttle efficiency (eliminate delays by installing a left turn signal at Stanford entrance and Ponce Garage); expanded recycling efforts; e-mail notification for parking tickets; open door policy; and a “Dialogue” letter from SG president each month similar to President Donna E. Shalala’s e-mails.

Fun Facts

If you could be an animal, what would you be?

“An aardvark. Why not? I could eat ants. I hear they’re a good source of protein.”

Describe a perfect date:

“One that you actually see a connection. We can do whatever she wants to do, but [it’s perfect] when we see that there’s actually something more.”

What would your campaign theme song be?

Anything classic rock.

If you could be anyone else on campus for one day, who would that be and why?

“Dr. Whitely. I’d like to understand what goes on behind the scenes and in the decision making process.”

A day after naming Ephraim Banda and Jonathan Patke co-defensive coordinators, the Miami Hurricanes ...

It doesn’t matter if the number is actually 21 or it’s just what Jeremiah Payton estimates now. Twen ...

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...