Jeremy Crystal // All About U

Jeremy Crystal // All About U

Running Mates: Anita Viciana, vice president; Celsus ‘CJ’ Williams, treasurer
Year: Junior
Major: Political Science
CAMPAIGN Web site: AllAboutUMiami.com
Color: Dark blue

Experience

Honor Council: President
Beta Theta Pi Fraternity: founding father
Phi Alpha Delta Pre-Legal Fraternity: former public relations chair
Fraternity Judicial Board: current member

Platform Goals: Top 3

Commuter Parking: Crystal and his running mates said they walked the gravel parking lot next to the School of Business and calculated that the area could create 150 parking spots if paved and delineated. Crystal believes that students should not have to miss class because of parking problems. Even if the area by the business school is not changed to allow for more parking, he said he is going to push for parking expansion in other areas, such as adding floors to the Pavia Garage across from the Student Health Center.

Cane Card use off campus: Though this is a recurring campaign promise that has yet to be carried out by previous administrations, Crystal said the major problem in the past was funding. He said that he has a bank lined up to partner with the University of Miami. With this partnership, Crystal said students could use their Cane Card as a debit card to have the option of dining wherever they want.

Chartwells meal plan rollover: With this initiative, Crystal suggested two options: Unused meals could rollover into the next week or unused meals could be converted into dining dollars to use at the food court, C-store and everywhere else on campus that is owned by Chartwells. He said he has multiple options to plan for obstacles.

The Rest

Improve the advisor system (give every student an advisor); music practice rooms open 24/7; ATM machines in every dorm; shuttle efficiency (eliminate delays by installing a left turn signal at Stanford entrance and Ponce Garage); expanded recycling efforts; e-mail notification for parking tickets; open door policy; and a “Dialogue” letter from SG president each month similar to President Donna E. Shalala’s e-mails.

Fun Facts

If you could be an animal, what would you be?

“An aardvark. Why not? I could eat ants. I hear they’re a good source of protein.”

Describe a perfect date:

“One that you actually see a connection. We can do whatever she wants to do, but [it’s perfect] when we see that there’s actually something more.”

What would your campaign theme song be?

Anything classic rock.

If you could be anyone else on campus for one day, who would that be and why?

“Dr. Whitely. I’d like to understand what goes on behind the scenes and in the decision making process.”

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

A new batch of evidence presented Monday at the college basketball trial in New York seems to furthe ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

A grant from the German government will support a series of roundtable and networking sessions on U. ...

As BioNIUM’s new director, the chair of the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology plans t ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

Dr. Ralph Sacco, a top neurologist and researcher at the University of Miami Miller School of Medici ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...