Jeremy Crystal // All About U

Jeremy Crystal // All About U

Running Mates: Anita Viciana, vice president; Celsus ‘CJ’ Williams, treasurer
Year: Junior
Major: Political Science
CAMPAIGN Web site: AllAboutUMiami.com
Color: Dark blue

Experience

Honor Council: President
Beta Theta Pi Fraternity: founding father
Phi Alpha Delta Pre-Legal Fraternity: former public relations chair
Fraternity Judicial Board: current member

Platform Goals: Top 3

Commuter Parking: Crystal and his running mates said they walked the gravel parking lot next to the School of Business and calculated that the area could create 150 parking spots if paved and delineated. Crystal believes that students should not have to miss class because of parking problems. Even if the area by the business school is not changed to allow for more parking, he said he is going to push for parking expansion in other areas, such as adding floors to the Pavia Garage across from the Student Health Center.

Cane Card use off campus: Though this is a recurring campaign promise that has yet to be carried out by previous administrations, Crystal said the major problem in the past was funding. He said that he has a bank lined up to partner with the University of Miami. With this partnership, Crystal said students could use their Cane Card as a debit card to have the option of dining wherever they want.

Chartwells meal plan rollover: With this initiative, Crystal suggested two options: Unused meals could rollover into the next week or unused meals could be converted into dining dollars to use at the food court, C-store and everywhere else on campus that is owned by Chartwells. He said he has multiple options to plan for obstacles.

The Rest

Improve the advisor system (give every student an advisor); music practice rooms open 24/7; ATM machines in every dorm; shuttle efficiency (eliminate delays by installing a left turn signal at Stanford entrance and Ponce Garage); expanded recycling efforts; e-mail notification for parking tickets; open door policy; and a “Dialogue” letter from SG president each month similar to President Donna E. Shalala’s e-mails.

Fun Facts

If you could be an animal, what would you be?

“An aardvark. Why not? I could eat ants. I hear they’re a good source of protein.”

Describe a perfect date:

“One that you actually see a connection. We can do whatever she wants to do, but [it’s perfect] when we see that there’s actually something more.”

What would your campaign theme song be?

Anything classic rock.

If you could be anyone else on campus for one day, who would that be and why?

“Dr. Whitely. I’d like to understand what goes on behind the scenes and in the decision making process.”

The Gino DiMare era for the Miami Hurricanes couldn’t have started any better. In DiMare’s first gam ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

The first half of Wednesday night’s game was as lousy as the weather outside the Watsco Center, as t ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The Shelley family shares their story of four generations at the University of Miami. ...

The Canes open the 75th season in program history and first under the direction of head coach Gino D ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...

The University of Miami golf team heads to the Big Easy to open competition Sunday at the 2019 Allst ...

Beatrice Mompremier of the Miami women's basketball team is a Lisa Leslie Center of the Year Aw ...