Jeremy Crystal // All About U

Jeremy Crystal // All About U

Running Mates: Anita Viciana, vice president; Celsus ‘CJ’ Williams, treasurer
Year: Junior
Major: Political Science
CAMPAIGN Web site: AllAboutUMiami.com
Color: Dark blue

Experience

Honor Council: President
Beta Theta Pi Fraternity: founding father
Phi Alpha Delta Pre-Legal Fraternity: former public relations chair
Fraternity Judicial Board: current member

Platform Goals: Top 3

Commuter Parking: Crystal and his running mates said they walked the gravel parking lot next to the School of Business and calculated that the area could create 150 parking spots if paved and delineated. Crystal believes that students should not have to miss class because of parking problems. Even if the area by the business school is not changed to allow for more parking, he said he is going to push for parking expansion in other areas, such as adding floors to the Pavia Garage across from the Student Health Center.

Cane Card use off campus: Though this is a recurring campaign promise that has yet to be carried out by previous administrations, Crystal said the major problem in the past was funding. He said that he has a bank lined up to partner with the University of Miami. With this partnership, Crystal said students could use their Cane Card as a debit card to have the option of dining wherever they want.

Chartwells meal plan rollover: With this initiative, Crystal suggested two options: Unused meals could rollover into the next week or unused meals could be converted into dining dollars to use at the food court, C-store and everywhere else on campus that is owned by Chartwells. He said he has multiple options to plan for obstacles.

The Rest

Improve the advisor system (give every student an advisor); music practice rooms open 24/7; ATM machines in every dorm; shuttle efficiency (eliminate delays by installing a left turn signal at Stanford entrance and Ponce Garage); expanded recycling efforts; e-mail notification for parking tickets; open door policy; and a “Dialogue” letter from SG president each month similar to President Donna E. Shalala’s e-mails.

Fun Facts

If you could be an animal, what would you be?

“An aardvark. Why not? I could eat ants. I hear they’re a good source of protein.”

Describe a perfect date:

“One that you actually see a connection. We can do whatever she wants to do, but [it’s perfect] when we see that there’s actually something more.”

What would your campaign theme song be?

Anything classic rock.

If you could be anyone else on campus for one day, who would that be and why?

“Dr. Whitely. I’d like to understand what goes on behind the scenes and in the decision making process.”

The Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Championship schedule is set. The No. 4 seed Miami Hurricanes ...

The first regular season of Gino DiMare’s head-coaching era ended Saturday at Mark Light Field. But ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ hopes for hosting an NCAA regional were damaged a bit on Friday night by a 12- ...

It took a long time for Dewan Hernandez to reach a point of acceptance for what happened to his juni ...

The life of a fullback isn’t always glamorous, even 15 years ago before the position was essentially ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Researchers from 16 Latin American and Caribbean countries, hosted by the Institute for the Advanced ...

Two University of Miami a cappella groups, Tufaan and BisCaydence, celebrated big wins in different ...

After Alabama’s governor signed into law the most-stringent anti-abortion bill in the nation, UM exp ...

Chris McMahon struck out six over five shutout innings to earn his first win since April 6. ...

Miami's Second Varsity Four earned a bronze medal at the 2019 ACC Rowing Championships Saturday ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team is the ITA Southeast Region Arthur Ashe ...

100 days until Miami – Florida LVI. The countdown is on. ...

The ACC Network is set to launch August 22. If your television provider hasn't yet decided to c ...