The essential Valentine’s playlist for the single or paired

It’s Valentine’s Day, ladies and gentlemen, the day love songs were made for. Maybe you’re in a relationship and looking for the perfect song to show your significant other how you feel. Maybe you’re single and searching for the song that will impress that special someone you have your eye on. Or maybe you’re single and depressed and spending Valentine’s Day on your couch feeling sorry for yourself and eating Ben & Jerry’s straight out of the carton. Whatever your circumstances may be, this playlist should help you accomplish your goals this Valentine’s Day.

“All You Need is Love” – The Beatles
Anyone can appreciate this song, whether attached or single. It’ll remind you that love of any kind, whether it’s from a significant other, friends or family, is really what’s important.

“I’ll Make Love to You” – Boyz II Men
Yes, it’s corny, but a Valentine’s Day playlist is incomplete without it. Undoubtedly a classic for our generation.

“Lover Lay Down” – Dave Matthews Band
Though it’s not a well-known Dave Matthews Band song, it’s definitely one that’s worth checking out this Valentine’s Day.

“Come a Little Closer” – Dierks Bently
In the interest of diversity, this one is for the country fans out there. Dierks’ smooth country crooning can certainly set the mood for any southern boys and girls.

“Follow Through” – Gavin Degraw
Remember the butterflies you used to get in your stomach when you first met your boyfriend or girlfriend? If not, “Follow Through” will refresh your memory.

“Hard to Concentrate” – Red Hot Chili Peppers
I know of somebody who sang this song to his wife on their wedding day. It might seem like the Chili Peppers would be an unlikely choice for a “cutesy” romantic song, but this one really is adorable.

“With or Without You” – U2
Any “Friends” fans out there might remember the scene in season two (yes, I’m a freak) where Ross dedicates this song to Rachel on the radio. So cute!

“The Way You Look Tonight” – Frank Sinatra
A truly classic and timeless love song for the couples that like to take a more traditional approach to V-day.

“The Fear You Won’t Fall” – Joshua Radin
For the couples trying to take their relationship to the next level, this song is about not being afraid to fall in love.

“Wonderful Tonight” – Eric Clapton
A Valentine’s Day essential, it’s perfect for a slow dance (if you’re into that). Perfect song to cap off your playlist.

Even after snagging Ohio State transfer Tate Martell, UM has remained highly aggressive in its pursu ...

As the NFL’s conference finals were unfolding Sunday, Manny Diaz – the UM coach who doubles as a soc ...

The University of Miami womens’ basketball team made sure North Carolina fans didn’t get to celebrat ...

Throughout the four years he spent as a tackle for the Miami Hurricanes, Tyree St. Louis never consi ...

Finally, a marquee home game for the University of Miami men’s basketball team, a game big enough th ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

The Miami women's basketball team will play its highest-ranked opponent of the season thus far ...

Beatrice Mompremier of the Miami women's basketball team was named the ACC Player of the Week, ...

The Miami women's basketball team defeated North Carolina for the fourth consecutive year with ...

Former University of Miami soccer standout Phallon Tullis-Joyce has officially signed a professional ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team improved to 3-0 on the season following a 6-1 triumph ...