The essential Valentine’s playlist for the single or paired

It’s Valentine’s Day, ladies and gentlemen, the day love songs were made for. Maybe you’re in a relationship and looking for the perfect song to show your significant other how you feel. Maybe you’re single and searching for the song that will impress that special someone you have your eye on. Or maybe you’re single and depressed and spending Valentine’s Day on your couch feeling sorry for yourself and eating Ben & Jerry’s straight out of the carton. Whatever your circumstances may be, this playlist should help you accomplish your goals this Valentine’s Day.

“All You Need is Love” – The Beatles
Anyone can appreciate this song, whether attached or single. It’ll remind you that love of any kind, whether it’s from a significant other, friends or family, is really what’s important.

“I’ll Make Love to You” – Boyz II Men
Yes, it’s corny, but a Valentine’s Day playlist is incomplete without it. Undoubtedly a classic for our generation.

“Lover Lay Down” – Dave Matthews Band
Though it’s not a well-known Dave Matthews Band song, it’s definitely one that’s worth checking out this Valentine’s Day.

“Come a Little Closer” – Dierks Bently
In the interest of diversity, this one is for the country fans out there. Dierks’ smooth country crooning can certainly set the mood for any southern boys and girls.

“Follow Through” – Gavin Degraw
Remember the butterflies you used to get in your stomach when you first met your boyfriend or girlfriend? If not, “Follow Through” will refresh your memory.

“Hard to Concentrate” – Red Hot Chili Peppers
I know of somebody who sang this song to his wife on their wedding day. It might seem like the Chili Peppers would be an unlikely choice for a “cutesy” romantic song, but this one really is adorable.

“With or Without You” – U2
Any “Friends” fans out there might remember the scene in season two (yes, I’m a freak) where Ross dedicates this song to Rachel on the radio. So cute!

“The Way You Look Tonight” – Frank Sinatra
A truly classic and timeless love song for the couples that like to take a more traditional approach to V-day.

“The Fear You Won’t Fall” – Joshua Radin
For the couples trying to take their relationship to the next level, this song is about not being afraid to fall in love.

“Wonderful Tonight” – Eric Clapton
A Valentine’s Day essential, it’s perfect for a slow dance (if you’re into that). Perfect song to cap off your playlist.

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

Ten takeaways from UM’s 31-17 win against FIU on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium: ▪ Credit Mark Richt ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The season-opening, three-day Miami Fall Invite wrapped up Sunday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center a ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...