EDGE’s first creative writing competition winner

1000 Inches

By Sam Rotenberg

It’s 28 degrees and you wore my socks tonight.
I was just in my room and you took me back out into the world.
My room was dark.
Blue.
You still knew my name.
I heard it.
Is that Love?
The fact that it was so cold that you needed to wear a pair of socks that I gave you.
And you told me because you wanted me to know.
You wanted me to feel happiness.
It was 28 degrees and you wore my socks.
I’ll warm you up if you need it.
And you did.
And you told me you did.
I’ll wear your attention like you wore my socks.
Warm me with love and you can have any sock of mine.
I don’t care much for my feet.
I go more places with my heart anyway

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team will begin her fall campaign Thursday a ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to return to Cobb Stadium, where it will host No. 12 Duke ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...