EDGE’s first creative writing competition winner

1000 Inches

By Sam Rotenberg

It’s 28 degrees and you wore my socks tonight.
I was just in my room and you took me back out into the world.
My room was dark.
Blue.
You still knew my name.
I heard it.
Is that Love?
The fact that it was so cold that you needed to wear a pair of socks that I gave you.
And you told me because you wanted me to know.
You wanted me to feel happiness.
It was 28 degrees and you wore my socks.
I’ll warm you up if you need it.
And you did.
And you told me you did.
I’ll wear your attention like you wore my socks.
Warm me with love and you can have any sock of mine.
I don’t care much for my feet.
I go more places with my heart anyway

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...