EDGE’s first creative writing competition winner

1000 Inches

By Sam Rotenberg

It’s 28 degrees and you wore my socks tonight.
I was just in my room and you took me back out into the world.
My room was dark.
Blue.
You still knew my name.
I heard it.
Is that Love?
The fact that it was so cold that you needed to wear a pair of socks that I gave you.
And you told me because you wanted me to know.
You wanted me to feel happiness.
It was 28 degrees and you wore my socks.
I’ll warm you up if you need it.
And you did.
And you told me you did.
I’ll wear your attention like you wore my socks.
Warm me with love and you can have any sock of mine.
I don’t care much for my feet.
I go more places with my heart anyway

They both returned to earn their degrees and finish their college football careers with their brothe ...

Court adjourned at United States v. James Gatto on Monday, but not before one last piece of good new ...

Add former five-star running back recruit Lorenzo Lingard to the growing list of injured Miami Hurri ...

Here’s our story on the big news of the day: Mark Richt admonishing N’Kosi Perry for posting a video ...

University of Miami redshirt freshman quarterback N’Kosi Perry has been reprimanded for posting a vi ...

Fresh off fall break, News@TheU catches up with students to learn what foods make them feel at home. ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

A new study by University of Miami psychology researchers of anonymous interactions suggests that hu ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The Hurricanes head to Chestnut Hill, Mass., for a for a nationally-televised game against a rough a ...

A trio of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes will continue to make a run at the ...

The Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame announced the 14 semifinalists for the 2018 Paycom Jim Thorpe Award ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team kept its Sunday win streak alive by defeating Georgia Tech, 3-1 ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team continues to have success in the Main Draw, as a pair ...